• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

am i been silly?

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
Hi.
As most of you know George is a house rabbit. . Earlier on ava came into the kitchen and said. . I just give George a nik Nak. . So i ran into the room and there he was nibbling on a nice and spicey nik nak. . I can't believe this because she knows the score. Will he be ok? X

I also think that George will get way with it, but only because it's a small quantity.

You are NOT being silly at all. You are completely right.

Please relay this to Ava.

I checked the ingredients of Nic Naks.
Buns digestive systems can't handle the high oil content or the lactose content. Onion is poisonous to them. Bunnies can't vomit to get rid of anything bad for them.

Things like glucose, & the high corn content can really muck up the delicate balance of bacteria needed for them to get any nourishment from their normal food.

Bunnies have a unique, complex, & fragile digestive system. Anything other than bunny food can have very serious consequences.

You are just so right on this one ZoeLou. :thumb:

I think its important that you take more precautions to keep George safe because Ava seems to struggle with knowing what she can and can't do with rabbits.

I know she is young, and that's why she is struggling. Its totally understandable, but that makes it down to you to protect your pets, that's all I meant. Like an extra barrier around him or something, so that she can't easily get to him.

Hello :)

Obviously you have a right to be scared as this isn't what rabbits should usually eat so definitely keep an eye on him and his poos. But I hope this can be reassuring to you. My bun Charlie has a delicate tummy, but one day I caught him nibbling on a prawn cracker. We must have dropped a small piece under the sofa when we had chinese one night :(. I panicked a lot and was in fits that I'd been so silly. But weirdly, Charlie was fine! And this is the bunny that has VERY sticky/runny poos from Excel pellets!!

Also,

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/06/by_kate_augusto.html

This bunny ate doritos and Pez!!!

Like I said, keep an eye on your bunny just to make sure, but I hope these stories are reassuring :) xxx

My old bunny had the habbit of nicking stuff of plates and eating them, pizza being his personal fav, he was ok, with it being only a small amount he should be fine x

I know she is young, and that's why she is struggling. Its totally understandable, but that makes it down to you to protect your pets, that's all I meant. Like an extra barrier around him or something, so that she can't easily get to him.

She doesn't really bother with him to be honest x

This would be a good idea, then the bun could have his space when he needs too :) i know with my two they hate my little cousin coming round they run and hide which is ok as they can get away :)

May I apologise for not realising that Ava was a child in the tone of my post.
For some reason at that time of night, I thought she was a young adult.
I'm pleased that George is fine.

People have different opinions on here. I hope you realise that we are trying to care for both you & your bun.

May I apologise for not realising that Ava was a child in the tone of my post.
For some reason at that time of night, I thought she was a young adult.
I'm pleased that George is fine.

People have different opinions on here. I hope you realise that we are trying to care for both you & your bun.
Echo what others have said wiht it only being a small amount - how is he today?

Thumps the tone of your post was fine :D

Back