• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Expert rabbit vet needed in or near exeter

Sharonah

New Kit
I live in Exeter and last year bought a beautiful Giant French lop eared doe. I put her in the vets to be spayed and she died under anaesthetic. I was heart broken. My new vets, (different vet to the one I used last year) have also recently told me they have lost Giant rabbits under anaesthetic or have got them through to recovery and then the Giant has still died. My new vets have informed me it seems the Giant rabbit requires less anaesthetic than the standard rabbit, even though they are a lot bigger.

I now have a new Giant French lop doe and probably need her to be spayed but I am scared to death. She is healthy and enjoying life at the moment, I'm scared if I have her spayed with a local vet she will die under anaesthetic. Therefore, I need to know of any Rabbit Expertise Vets near Exeter, can anyone help?

I have seen one mentioned in Newton Abbot - Ian Sawyer ???? does anyone know of this person or how he can be contacted?

Many thanks for any advice received. S

Back