• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet shop rabbits in guineapig cages

jill

Warren Scout
in the pet shop in my town they put rabbits in cages id say are to small
should i report them to the rspca or say something i no these cage arent big enough

You would need to contact whoever licences petshops in the area - usually somone at the local council

in the pet shop in my town they put rabbits in cages id say are to small
should i report them to the rspca or say something i no these cage arent big enough

No idea on the actual guidelines but it's your local Council you complain to - not the Rspca - as Councils issue the license for the pet shop to sell animals and they are the ones who are supposed to check that rules on sizes etc are adhered to. :)

Hi

I had a similar thing recently with Acorn Pet Stores in Musselburgh (tiny cages and no hay). I wrote to their Head Office - their response was disgraceful! I was so angry that I contacted the SSPCA and also the council. As a result of that, the cage sizes have been increased (although still not as big as I think they should be) and they now have hay - so a step in the right direction! And as far as I'm aware the store is now being monitored.

Good luck with your complaint!

Back