• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to bond a grieving Sally with other three buns tomorrow.

karen354

Warren Veteran
She's really not herself since Cookie died on Monday :cry:. Cookie had E.C and even though we thought he was better he must of been still poorly :cry: His kidneys had been damaged.
His wifey bun is grieving for him terrible so tomorrow we have decided to try and bond her with my outdoor threesome.
It'll hard work but I've bonded before so not too worried. What is worrying is that Sally has lived with an E.C bun for a long time, even though Sally has not shown E.C problems I'm still very worried that doing the bonding could make my three buns ill.
It's a hard one do I leave Sally lonely and depressed or do I take that chance and bond Sally with my other buns :?

She's really not herself since Cookie died on Monday :cry:. Cookie had E.C and even though we thought he was better he must of been still poorly :cry: His kidneys had been damaged.
His wifey bun is grieving for him terrible so tomorrow we have decided to try and bond her with my outdoor threesome.
It'll hard work but I've bonded before so not too worried. What is worrying is that Sally has lived with an E.C bun for a long time, even though Sally has not shown E.C problems I'm still very worried that doing the bonding could make my three buns ill.
It's a hard one do I leave Sally lonely and depressed or do I take that chance and bond Sally with my other buns :?

So sorry about Cookie :( *hugs*

Are they your other buns you are wanting to bond with Sally? If so yes, if they are buns that are new, then probably no. It is a tough decision.

The views are that alot of rabbits carry E.C. I think it's between 50%- 75% - it's abit like pasturella. Unless it becomes an active infection then it may not cause any problems.

You could get your healthy buns checked for E.C- i think they can tell if they have ever been exposed to it at the vets- then you would know if it was okay.

Good luck x

Good luck, I hope it all goes OK for you and the buns.

No other advice re the possibility of EC in any of the buns is to think about getting them (or just Sally) tested to put your mind at ease.

I had cookie tested for E.C and it was really expensive so having 4 tested would work out an awful lot of money. I don't want to put any of my buns at risk so I think I may rethink things . I'll have a chat with hubby tonight and do some more research.

Good luck - it's a tricky decision for you. Sending vibes for Sally - it would be good if she could have bunny company again. xx

I know my friend( a member on here) had an E.C bun and her bun died:cry:she did bond the husbun with another two healthy buns and so far all buns are healthy and happy. I wish I knew the answer to my bonding Sally :censored:

Would you consider getting just Sally tested before putting her with the others. Blood tests aren't cheap unfortunately (as Ambience said though they could still show positive)

As you say Hilda's bunnies are all doing well and Tim was with Nia.

It's a difficult decision, don't envy you. Good luck with whatever you decide. Can you ask the vet (do you still have Martin's email) for advice and possibly bond whilst/after course of panacur? Jenny at CG may be able to advise as she is taking over small animals I think at Cranmore which has moved next door (so not hospital rates ;))

bunny babe; said:
Would you consider getting just Sally tested before putting her with the others. Blood tests aren't cheap unfortunately (as Ambience said though they could still show positive)

As you say Hilda's bunnies are all doing well and Tim was with Nia.

It's a difficult decision, don't envy you. Good luck with whatever you decide. Can you ask the vet (do you still have Martin's email) for advice and possibly bond whilst/after course of panacur? Jenny at CG may be able to advise as she is taking over small animals I think at Cranmore which has moved next door (so not hospital rates ;))

Yes I'd be very willing to get Sally tested . I'm so confused at the moment, we are all still grieving for Cookie but are also very worried about Sally she's so sad:cry:

Yes I'd be very willing to get Sally tested . I'm so confused at the moment, we are all still grieving for Cookie but are also very worried about Sally she's so sad:cry:

Hi again Karen,

I have a bun on his own at the moment sunny-I've been asked if i have a pasturella bun to put him with, but without testing i wouldn't know either. Most buns also carry this, like EC.

It is abit of a gamble to put them together untested, but i think what i've learnt most from losing adonia from EC, it's not how long bunnys live, but how they live. I think the love of another bunny is important to any bun unless you have 24/7 with sally. Even then, sometimes humans just can't take the place of another bun, who does complete them. I personally would go with your heart.

The thing is with medicine is there will always be controversy, people who think it's right and others who think it's wrong.Go with your instincts :)

I plan to bond sunny to one of my pairs who have eye problems, so he can get a friend to help him with his ducts. If they all have a slightly shorter life for it, it's longer than they would have had in the wild and happier for it. There is nothing worse than a miserable bunny.

I hope Sally has a friend soon or you find some kind of solution.
Lots of Love x

Another suggestion is whether you would consider putting one of your trio with Sally to make two pairs :?

Not sure it is something I would do but just thought I would say it as it could be an option if you didn't want to put Sally with all 3.

Hi again Karen,

I have a bun on his own at the moment sunny-I've been asked if i have a pasturella bun to put him with, but without testing i wouldn't know either. Most buns also carry this, like EC.

It is abit of a gamble to put them together untested, but i think what i've learnt most from losing adonia from EC, it's not how long bunnys live, but how they live. I think the love of another bunny is important to any bun unless you have 24/7 with sally. Even then, sometimes humans just can't take the place of another bun, who does complete them. I personally would go with your heart.

The thing is with medicine is there will always be controversy, people who think it's right and others who think it's wrong.Go with your instincts :)

I plan to bond sunny to one of my pairs who have eye problems, so he can get a friend to help him with his ducts. If they all have a slightly shorter life for it, it's longer than they would have had in the wild and happier for it. There is nothing worse than a miserable bunny.

I hope Sally has a friend soon or you find some kind of solution.
Lots of Love x

Thank you, what you say make total sense :) I wish my hubby could help me on this one but he can't he just say's the same as me just doesn't know what to do for the best. I'll have a good sleep tonight and hopefully decide tomorrow. I do know I'm going to have to decide quick as Sally is so down in the dumps.:cry:

Another suggestion is whether you would consider putting one of your trio with Sally to make two pairs :?

Not sure it is something I would do but just thought I would say it as it could be an option if you didn't want to put Sally with all 3.

It did cross my mind but I just can't seperate my trio they are very happy together. The outdoor area I have for my trio is quite large so Sally will have lots of room to join it's just if I can go ahead and try the bond.
Poor Sally she's eating, pooing fine but so sad :( it's awful to see.

It did cross my mind but I just can't seperate my trio they are very happy together. The outdoor area I have for my trio is quite large so Sally will have lots of room to join it's just if I can go ahead and try the bond.
Poor Sally she's eating, pooing fine but so sad :( it's awful to see.

It sounded like they were very happy and I would agree with you, I couldn't separate either ;)

Sending lots of nose rubs to Sally.

Karen, one can see that you are in turmoil over this. If Sally is eating and pooing fine, why not hold off making any immediate decision. She is going to grieve Cookie, but may not need you to act now.

Thinking of you bothxx

Karen, one can see that you are in turmoil over this. If Sally is eating and pooing fine, why not hold off making any immediate decision. She is going to grieve Cookie, but may not need you to act now.

Thinking of you bothxx

Thank you :) at the moment I really don't know what to do for the best. Usually by now I'd know what I was going to do but at this moment I don't. I know Sally is very quiet and down but I think I will wait and see what happens in the next month.

Thank you :) at the moment I really don't know what to do for the best. Usually by now I'd know what I was going to do but at this moment I don't. I know Sally is very quiet and down but I think I will wait and see what happens in the next month.

I'm holding off with sunny also. He is next to my other buns I'm thinking about bonding him with and can see them for the time being. I hope this is enough for him not to feel lonely.

Perhaps you could sort out a similar arrangement - let them be able to see each other, but not have them on the same territory?

Back