• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unneutered bucks

Alicia

Mama Doe
Can 2 adult bucks get along together in they are unneutered? I've just seen 2 bucks advertised for sale, and I always thought that 2 unneutered bucks don't normally get along when they get to a certain age?

How old are they?

I did have two unneutered bucks that lived together until they were 8 (in the days before I knew anything and also before neutering was smart). i would never, EVER recommend anyone does that though, its a recipe for disaster. We just got very lucky.

bad bad idea..i have 2 males (meant to be females) .
when they got to about 6 months old....whenever they saw each other they would fight and fight and fight....and they were brothers...i think if they are not fixed they are never going to get on

Can 2 adult bucks get along together in they are unneutered? I've just seen 2 bucks advertised for sale, and I always thought that 2 unneutered bucks don't normally get along when they get to a certain age?

When I was a kid we had father and son living together without any problems, but the father died when the son was maybe 1/2ish so dont know if it would have worked long term.

Thank you for the information :) I'm not getting them anyway, I'm getting my rabbits in April from a rescue, but I was looking for a run and came across them and I thought I remembered reading on here that two unneutered bucks would lead to fighting so I just wanted to check :)

Thank you for the information :) I'm not getting them anyway, I'm getting my rabbits in April from a rescue, but I was looking for a run and came across them and I thought I remembered reading on here that two unneutered bucks would lead to fighting so I just wanted to check :)

Potentially two baby male rabbits could be sold together as long as they were neutered the second the bits dropped, you may find they did ok.

Back