• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Basil

beccimarie

Mama Doe
My fussy bunny casper has just decided basil is tasty! yay!

Now i need to ask is there anything i should know about it i know its safe but is it high in anything? Or cause extra gas?

As far as I know basil is safe to feed every day and does not cause any problems, we feed our two basil every day.

nothing wrong with basil as far as i'm aware - apart from the fact that if casper has decided its a fave, plant some seeds in a pot as its easy to grow and never seems 'cheap' in the supermarkets:)

Mine love basil :D Its awesome for giving meds and stuff like that too. I have no knowledge of anything bad in basil. I just make sure I buy the growing plants. Growing it is incredibly difficult though.

Mine love basil :D Its awesome for giving meds and stuff like that too. I have no knowledge of anything bad in basil. I just make sure I buy the growing plants. Growing it is incredibly difficult though.

Thats a shame i was going to plant some in my first rabbit garden :roll: but im not a very experianced gardener! ill give it a go, its great news iv finally found something that isnt too high or too gassy so a can vary his diet a bit more :D

Spenser does not like basil. He was so cross when I offered it (back in the summer) he wouldn't eat ANYTHING until I had removed the offending leaves from the hutch. :roll:

Spenser does not like basil. He was so cross when I offered it (back in the summer) he wouldn't eat ANYTHING until I had removed the offending leaves from the hutch. :roll:

:lol: sounds like casper and mint leaves, he sniffed it stomped his feet and pushed it away with his paws :lol:

Yay! My two love basil - it's their favourite. I don't normally shop at Waitrose - it's way too expensive but I can't resist buying my buns a bag of their majestic basil every now and again - I love to see their little chops munch it! :love:

My guys love basil.
Parsley (are you seeing a theme here?) was named after what was her favourite food, that was until she tried basil.
I would say it does make her giddy though, she gets really silly after she has consumed it. Usually lots of crazier than usual binkying & funny dancing. :lol:
The others enjoy eating it but don't seem to have the same response.

Back