• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long did it take for your bun to learn..

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
to use the litter tray 95%+ of the time with the sweep it up and put in the litter tray method. Maybe Im just not being patient enough...

to use the litter tray 95%+ of the time with the sweep it up and put in the litter tray method. Maybe Im just not being patient enough...

Gingers still learning...Since October :wave:

Biscuit learnt within 20 seconds of me putting it where he pooped and weed :love:

Grace took about 3 months i started her from 8 weeks of age, charlie was 2 or so when we got him but it took him about 4 weeks to master the tray. xx

Gingers still learning...Since October :wave:

Biscuit learnt within 20 seconds of me putting it where he pooped and weed :love:

How often does she poop out the tray?

I think im being a little unpatient, they've only been learning for a few weeks :oops: Though there has been no improvement with T&R :roll:

I think im being a little unpatient, they've only been learning for a few weeks :oops: Though there has been no improvement with T&R :roll:

At least 5-10 every day. Most of them go in the tray though :wave:

I found using the largest tray i could find helped a lot, grace used to poo over the side in the smaller ones, i think she felt a bit more secure in the deeper one too. xxx

Rodge is litter trained to perfection

Orla.....likes to leave me a poo assault course every morning, forever picking squished poo from my socks!

So far, instant "self training" with all foster buns + our house bun Inca :wave:

That said - I have had to increase the size of Paw-paws "box" because she kept moving the washing up bowl & wee-ing behind it :roll: Since the bowl has been replaced with a box (twice as high & 1/2 as long again) she's been 100% clean :D

I wish mine would self train them selves..... Every day I find 150 odd poops, probably more in T&R's side. They poo every where BUT the litter tray! I dont think they like eating poo-ey hay. :roll: They have a dog bed, but I'm getting them a storage box.

On E&G's side theres about 50 a day. So better, but still annoying. There box is quite big to, the biggest size I could find.

I wish they'd poo in one corner but they poo wherever they go.

Toffee learned straight away, now he wont go to the toilet without one :shock:
The girls havent really been 'trained' but they only do their buisness in the 'toilet area' they dont use the litter trays though :roll:

George took a couple of days to learn, not long really, though he kept peeing over the edge of the tray :roll: :lol:

I hope they catch onto it soon! :wave:

Bugs was brilliant:love:, After he found a spot I put a tray underhim and he has never pooped or wee'd on the floor since.

I litter trained Bubbles today took a couple of hours Bugsy was the same he had a few *accidents* then got it within a few hours

Some of my lot still don't use the litter tray- I think if you keep everything off the floor and all the hay in one place it should be easier. If you have anything on the hutch or cage floor except newspaper, buns think it's a litter tray :)

Some of my lot still don't use the litter tray- I think if you keep everything off the floor and all the hay in one place it should be easier. If you have anything on the hutch or cage floor except newspaper, buns think it's a litter tray :)

Hay is only in the litter tray, the floor is lino.

Fairly litter trained, right from the moment he came home. I say fairly because he likes to poop in and out of the tray, mostly in, but seeing as he won't eat from a hay rack he likes to scatter hay EVERYWHERE. Although his run is clean.
Does the brush them up and put them in the tray work? I always do it but it doesn't make any difference.

Mine did it fairly quickly. They used to be in two connected indoor cages and would always go in one area anyway despite it all having hay. Nutmeg took a while when they moved into this room to get used to it and we still have the odd smattering of poos or wee not in the box but on the whole she's ok.

Back