• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hettie, Rarely Seen with SS things

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Here is Hettie..
She is a permanent Honeybunny due to teeth and tear duct probelms
I'm posting a couple of pics of her as it was 4 years ago today that I went to collect 19 rabbits that became known as " The Dreadful Day Bunnies"..Hettie was one of them
here's the original links
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=82098&highlight=dreadful

part 2
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=82196&highlight=peaches

and here she is 4 years on with some of the herbs, a toy and Timothy hay from a Secret Santa parcel..this is her bad eye side

savehettie.jpg

She has never accepted the many partners we've tried her with and is an independent bun who lets me know she doesn't like being handled..except when I bathe her eye, then she is as good as gold
She may be a grumpy moo but I love her to bits:love:
I hope she knows she's had 4 extra years:D

savehettiea.jpg

Last edited:
I 've looked at the thread to now - is the Dougal pictured on one the bunny who is on one of the greetings cards? :wave:

Oh my gosh! I just read through the threads, all those poor buns. :cry: Did they all find good homes in the end?

Some did and some stayed with us..sadly a few had short lives but at least enjoyed love and space while we had them or their new owners had them
Autumn is still well and lives with Ange..she has her 2nd husbun Ike with her
Finlay ( who was my favourite but don't tell Hettie)..is still well and lives with Petal one of the babies from the same place..his owner doesn't post on here much but does let me know how they are doing:D
Flower was adopted by Faye and now lives in Madrid:shock::lol:
Milo..who was so poorly on arrival here..is still going strong and lives in Notts with another ex Honeybunny
The others haven't had updates on recently..but hopefully still enjoying their homes
and Yes Susie that's Dougal..on the cards and last years calendar:D

Last edited:
Some did and some stayed with us..sadly a few had short lives but at least enjoyed love and space while we had them or their new owners had them
Autumn is still well and lives with Ange..she has her 2nd husbun Ike with her
Finlay ( who was my favourite but don't tell Hettie)..is still well and lives with Petal one of the babies from the same place..his owner doesn't post on here much but does let me know how they are doing:D
Flower was adopted by Faye and now lives in Madrid:shock::lol:
Milo..who was so poorly on arrival here..is still going strong and lives in Notts with another ex Honeybunny
The others haven't had updates on recently..but hopefully still enjoying their homes
and Yes Susie that's Dougal..on the cards and last years calendar:D

aww so glad it was a happy ending for them :) Sorry to hear about the ones who had short lives but they had love in that time. :love:

i have just read the thread:( i just cant believe how some people treat animals. how can they keep animals and just not care for them properly:(. you did and have done a fantastic job and this world is a better place for people like yourself.x

Just read the original threads, i cant believe what a terrible state those poor poor buns were in :shock: Thank god you got them out of there, they must have thought they were in paradise with you!
Hettie looks gorgeous, i love grumpy buns :love:

Awww, she looks lovely. In a good, safe place with you now :) I've just looked at the original thread, that's awful :( It's great to hear they are in good homes now though :)

She's beautiful and I'm sure she appreciates the extra time she's had.

What fantastic work you (and all the rescues do)!
What lucky buns

Jill you do know that Hettie isn't grumpy she is just choosy about the company she keeps :lol:

Back