• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thank you for the advice and support.....over dazy-maes death

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
AQll i can say is after much soul searching...the results of the necropsy and advice and support on here..i think i am coming to terms with the fact that no matter if shed travveled down to me or get homed nearer to her home..shed have died anyway....it was something no-one could have forseen and i could not change anyhting i did to save her:(

i have been lucky that her sister bluebell is at last finally accepting my company and is hardly chasing the cats....only when they run over her fighting with each other:lol: or they threaten her dinner:oops:

shes really coming on leaps and bounds.....and im so happy for her...just wish her sister was still here.....but then i feel that way about all my furbabies ive lost over the years.

we all beat ourselves up and sometimes yes maybe if wed noticed sooner..seen a rabbit savvy vet instead of one whose a numptey..which ive had in the past....then who knows. But we cant change the things that occur.

All i can do is apologise to angie at BARC for keep on txting her and pming her over all of this...but i hope by treating other buns as a precaution inc bluebell bertie and merlin that it may have just helped eliminate hepatic coccidia...but thats not what contributed to her death..it was acute fluid in her lungs and some sort of infection.

shes a bun i will never forget despite the painfully shoprt time i had her.

what has made me mad is the cooments ive had from faimly and some friends....see thats what you get from taking rescue rabbiots..sick and dying and faulty..yes one comment involved faulty!!

till i pointed out what about all the other buns ive had over the years..one from a pet shop....one from a breeder...one from a friend of a friend....my first rescue bun..a doe called bif.......then i borrowed and finally adopted bertie the rew frenchie....bought willow from berties ex owner who had two litters a year as show buns...and none sold on for breeding.
Then my second rescue bunny bandit......and then merlin from another rescue. And finally the two frenchie sisters from BARC.

each has had its own health problems..and with each and every bunny ive learnt something new and heartbreaking but used it in the next bun....

so again thank you. xx

I'm sorry life has been so tough for you all recently. I just hope that now you get some good times. You certainly are far overdue them!

Back