• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i doing ok?

lauralucy

Warren Scout
hi my little bunny has her pen which is too small for her but i dont have the room to make it any bigger so she only goes in there at night.

so during the day whilst we're at work she is in the kitchen (started tuesday), but i dont think she likes it in there. then when we get home she is allowed in the living room, kitchen, hallway and into her pen if she wants to.

she loves her nuggets and hay, but if she runs out of nuggets she tries to get into the guinea pig pen to eat theirs. i was woken up at some silly time thursday morning as she had jumped her 30inch high pen to get to it.

the piggies dont mind her being in there but i dont!

when we first got her she would only pee and poop in or next to her litter trays now she poops anywhere and has started to pee in the living room (last night she peed on OH :)) any ideas why?

she doesnt mind being picked up and cuddled will groom me occasionaly, jumps on the sofa for attention or just sits at my feet.

so really i just want to no that what im doing is ok for her.
sorry for the long post i just feel its not enough.

hi my little bunny has her pen which is too small for her but i dont have the room to make it any bigger so she only goes in there at night.

so during the day whilst we're at work she is in the kitchen (started tuesday), but i dont think she likes it in there. then when we get home she is allowed in the living room, kitchen, hallway and into her pen if she wants to.

she loves her nuggets and hay, but if she runs out of nuggets she tries to get into the guinea pig pen to eat theirs. i was woken up at some silly time thursday morning as she had jumped her 30inch high pen to get to it.

the piggies dont mind her being in there but i dont!

when we first got her she would only pee and poop in or next to her litter trays now she poops anywhere and has started to pee in the living room (last night she peed on OH :)) any ideas why?

she doesnt mind being picked up and cuddled will groom me occasionaly, jumps on the sofa for attention or just sits at my feet.

so really i just want to no that what im doing is ok for her.
sorry for the long post i just feel its not enough.

Hi There :wave:

I'm guessing your bunny has not been spayed as of yet, so the pooping and weeing could very easily be hormonal. How old is she? I would seriously consider having her spayed which could really help :)

I would do your utmost to stop her getting into the guinea pigs pen, unfortunately bunnies can (most of the time accidentally) hurt guinea pigs as they have such strong legs. They also can transfer an illness to the piggies, called Bordatella i believe it is.

Apart from that, it sounds like you are doing brilliantly for her so far with your 'limited' space as you say :)

House bunnies are so much fun aren't they?

Wee can be brought out of carpets with boiling hot water, if that helps :wave:

thank you for your quick reply.

she is about 3-4 months old best guess. not sure if thats old enough to be spayed yet?

i do try and stop her getting in but she is persistent. her pen is 4.5ft by 2.5ft approx so to small but no room to make it bigger. :(

they really are :)

thank you that does help she decided wednesday to pee on the bed just before i got in so had to change it! silly bunny but she comes over and sniffs and wants a fuss and you cant be mad.

thank you for your quick reply.

she is about 3-4 months old best guess. not sure if thats old enough to be spayed yet?

i do try and stop her getting in but she is persistent. her pen is 4.5ft by 2.5ft approx so to small but no room to make it bigger. :(

they really are :)

thank you that does help she decided wednesday to pee on the bed just before i got in so had to change it! silly bunny but she comes over and sniffs and wants a fuss and you cant be mad.

I think the average age tends to be ~6months but its very dependant on vet i believe. I'd be tempted to take her to the vet and let them check her out for a pre-spay visit, as she may not weigh enough or be developed enough perhaps. Call your vets and check :) If you aren't sure of a vet, post a thread in 'Rabbit Chat' and ask for a vet in your local area :wave:

Your 'pen' is actually larger than the first 3 setups i had, so don't feel bad. You are doing your best and you are giving her lots of free-range time so thats a good thing. At least she's not cooped up in that space all the time, so well done to you :wave:

well i took her to the vet for her myxi jab and she said to wait 2 weeks after the jab and she would spey her but i tought it was a bit young, she didnt weight her or anything and also checked her sex but said she was only 90% sure she was female :? so not trusting her!

i will post a thread thanks :)

thats good she is in her pen from about 10-8 at night i go to bed early. i would have her in the kitchen but its not very warm in there overnight and i dont think she would like it.

Is her pen accessible during the daytime while she's free range? Rabbits like to have their 'safe' space to go back to, so if she can't get to her pen then she'll probably feel a little on edge in the kitchen.

I would definitely ask on here for advice re: a bunny savvy vet local to you.

She sounds like she's got a nice home with lots of free range time and attention :D

no when she is in the kitchen she is shut in (she cant be trusted on her own) mayb thats why she doesnt like it in the kitchen. thanks :)

i shall ask now :)

Back