• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ahhhh! Fox!

There is a huge fox in my garden and it is cornering the rabbit hutch the rabbits are covered and i rang the RSPCA for help and they said to wait till it goes away but it keeps racking the cage! Please help!

Can you turn a hose pipe on it or something to scare it off?

If possible, I would also bring the bunnies in as the fox now knows where to find them and will keep coming back.

hose pipe, bowl of ice cold water, run at it clapping loudly flailing your arms around

:shock: How scary! Do you have a water pistol? I use one for scaring away the neighbours' cats when they come into my garden.

:shock: I'd just go in panic mode....washing up bowl of water and run out at it....and yes bring the buns to a more secure environment ...fox will be back but next time you may not be there to protect them.

Freezing cold water! Get the little bism away from your buns!!!!! I'd agree with everyone else about moving the buns too.
Gawd I hate foxes...

run down the garden screaming like a nutter, it'll run off.

For future prevention - sounds weird but works - pour human urine around the perimeter of your garden. The smell and pheromones in it keeps them away, but you shouldn't notice any difference in smell or anything.

If you are unable to re-locate your buns then please consider installing a portable electric fence unit around the perimeter of the hutch & run :wave:

How scary for you and your buns.

Unfortunately now the fox knows where there are rabbits he will keep coming back, and most likely will be persisitent.

You seriously need to consider moving your rabbits so that he can't get to them. Even if you have good bolts and you think the hutch is strong, a persistent fox can tear his way into a hutch, and scare the life out of your rabbits in the process.

Do you have a shed or a garage (not used for a car) that you could relocate to, or bring the hutch closer to the house?

The fox has come back twice! It is getting quite annoyed cause it can't get to them properly, i dont know how much more the hutch can take before it breaks! I tried to bring the rabbits in but the fox is in the garden, i tried spraying it with water and it went away for about 10 mins but came back!

It has gone away now and we are currently bringing the buns inside! But please can i have more advice cause i dontknow if i will ever be able to keep them outside again and if thats the case then they will not be able to run about and eat all the grass!

Please help and keep the advice coming! Thankyou

There is a huge fox in my garden and it is cornering the rabbit hutch the rabbits are covered and i rang the RSPCA for help and they said to wait till it goes away but it keeps racking the cage! Please help!

do u know how its got in? has it found a missing panel or gap in hedge or something like that. personally id throw some water at it. ive been told that playing the sounds of dog barking is suppose to scare them done see how though

how scary for you - and the buns! really glad you are bringing them indoors for safety as that fox won't give up easily:(

as to whether you can ever put them outside again - do you mean in a run during the day or permanently?

glad youve broguht them indoors, its very scarey, presonally knowing their are foxes around id probrably only allow your bunnies supervised time in the garden during the day, rather then leave them unattended

not sure he'll ever go away permanently. if it was me, i'd keep them inside for a while and maybe as the weather warms up, supervised play time in the garden. hopefully the fox will be finding food elsewhere when winter has passed.

There is no way to keep the fox out of your garden, they manage to climb over very high fences. They always find a way to get in, and they are about at any time of day. The only solution for outside is to build a shed, or a secure hutch and run on paving slabs.

Back