• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Auboise (and Hempcore) users

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I thought you'd like to know this...

I was chatting today with the lady at Frogpool feed barn and she told me that they are stopping manufacture of Auboise. Apparently it's a byproduct of the tobacco industry and as that's lessening they just aren't finding it viable.

I don't know how true this is but I thought I'd let you guys and gals know.

I thought you'd like to know this...

I was chatting today with the lady at Frogpool feed barn and she told me that they are stopping manufacture of Auboise. Apparently it's a byproduct of the tobacco industry and as that's lessening they just aren't finding it viable.

I don't know how true this is but I thought I'd let you guys and gals know.

Thanks Schuette :wave:

I won't be changing to Aubiose anytime soon then!

Oh No! I use this for my rats as I have found it the best product for keeping down smells and is really cheap. Will have to ask next time I go pick up a bale. Didn't think hemp was used in the tobacco industry.

Thanks Schuette :wave:

I won't be changing to Aubiose anytime soon then!

Yeah that's why I didn't get any (plus the fact they don't do small bags :oops:) I can send you some megazorb though if you want to try it :D

Oh No! I use this for my rats as I have found it the best product for keeping down smells and is really cheap. Will have to ask next time I go pick up a bale. Didn't think hemp was used in the tobacco industry.

Yes I thought that, unless she means the *cough* weed tobacco industry? :oops: I don't know about these things though :oops: (is innocent *insert halo smilie here*)

Yeah that's why I didn't get any (plus the fact they don't do small bags :oops:) I can send you some megazorb though if you want to try it :D

It's alright, i've ordered an 85L bag from Farmway :wave:

Sorry, i totally forgot to tell you :oops:

The extra absorbency if yours and PL's suggestions helped will work even if Biccy does stop being a JCB! :D

nooo! I would think it would be worth making it just for animal owners, even if the price went up it's still worth it.

I use it for my mice, and like rhian said, it's the absolute best thing for keeping the smells down that's safe for them.

Really hoping this never happens. Although I could just buy a couple of bags and have enough for the next 5 years :lol:

That would explain why the farmer never have hemcore anymore :lol:

I had to change to Rapport its like hemcore but from the rape seed plant

nooo! I would think it would be worth making it just for animal owners, even if the price went up it's still worth it.

I use it for my mice, and like rhian said, it's the absolute best thing for keeping the smells down that's safe for them.

Really hoping this never happens. Although I could just buy a couple of bags and have enough for the next 5 years :lol:

I'm sure there's something similar available so I'll have a word with the guy at the saddlery see what the plan is otherwise I think I may be buying as much as I can fit in my loft as that's where we put it anyway. Gonna be a lovely job hauling 4 22kg bales up there every few weeks, bad enough having to do 1:lol:

That would explain why the farmer never have hemcore anymore :lol:

I had to change to Rapport its like hemcore but from the rape seed plant

I think she mentioned that one. I'm gonna stick with my megazorb I think. I was going to try Auboise but I see no point changing now :D

I'm sure there's something similar available so I'll have a word with the guy at the saddlery see what the plan is otherwise I think I may be buying as much as I can fit in my loft as that's where we put it anyway. Gonna be a lovely job hauling 4 22kg bales up there every few weeks, bad enough having to do 1:lol:
:lol: I know the feeling. I'm 4ft11 and carry my bale of aubiose about a mile up through town and then have to carry it up the stairs to my flat. Lucky it goes so far!

I've seen similar stuff made from rape straw, might try some of that if this ends up happening.
Apparently rapport is very good but I think it might be scented as it's made by the hemcore guys and they stick citronella on their stuff.

:lol: I know the feeling. I'm 4ft11 and carry my bale of aubiose about a mile up through town and then have to carry it up the stairs to my flat. Lucky it goes so far!

I've seen similar stuff made from rape straw, might try some of that if this ends up happening.
Apparently rapport is very good but I think it might be scented as it's made by the hemcore guys and they stick citronella on their stuff.

That's what I don't like about Hemcore, I think it's great for rabbits as it keeps mozzies away but think it's a bit harsh for rats and I don't want that smell in the house anyway :lol:

I need to find something better than wood based cat litter - well cheaper anyway. Never tried megazorb though, don;t know where sells it either! :lol:

I need to find something better than wood based cat litter - well cheaper anyway. Never tried megazorb though, don;t know where sells it either! :lol:

You can get it online but annoyingly it adds about a fiver to the price cos of the delivery. I get mine from an equestrian supplier so you could google for something similar near you.

You can get it online but annoyingly it adds about a fiver to the price cos of the delivery. I get mine from an equestrian supplier so you could google for something similar near you.

Could I use if for hamsters too? :?

I've pasted this link a lot lately :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Megazorb-An...AUN8SCN2NESSA&s=generic&qid=1294237342&sr=1-1

£6.60 + Delivery.

Comes to £11.59. :wave:

So much cheaper than buying it anywhere else at the mo online.

It is annoying about the delivery, but its a lot cheaper than blooming woodshavings too! :D

Oh dear thats not good. I use it for all my pets. The nearest megazorb stockist is about an hour away and it would cost me a fortune if I bought it online. The rapport sounds ok for buns but I agree the citronella might be a bit harsh for my gerbils.

Oh dear thats not good. I use it for all my pets. The nearest megazorb stockist is about an hour away and it would cost me a fortune if I bought it online. The rapport sounds ok for buns but I agree the citronella might be a bit harsh for my gerbils.

North or Southbound Amy?

Back