• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheapest material to insulate shed? Piccies of set ups?

Bunni_xx

Mama Doe
Hi, I was just wondering what the cheapest material to insulate sheds with was? Also how to do it? Could you guys post pics of shed/wendyhouse set ups?

Thank you so much!!! :wave:

I used something called "Jabfloor" which is polystyrene used for flooring. You can get huge sheets of it on eBay. I just cut the polystyrene to size and then covered it over with hardboard. I'm afraid I don't have any pics

I used large (about 6' x 2' x 2") polystyrene sheets from Wickes. A small wendy house used 3-4 sheets at a few pounds a sheet. It took 30 mins to cut & fit in each wendy house. Dead easy & cheap.

Would space blanket be ok? I would cover with plywood? It's on offer in wickes. buy 1 get 2 free!! Recommended cheap woods? xx

Yes plywood is ideal, if it's internal then you can use thin plywood. You probably want to paint or stain it with a bunny safe paint like cuprinol garden shades.

Any type of insulation is okay as long as you cover it over with something safe like wood panneling.

Back