• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

going in at the deep end

breeze

Mama Doe
iv been asked by a girl i know if i can help her out,due to personal problems she needs rehome alot of her rabbits.shes got a gorgeous bonded pair of mini lop girlies.both realy quiet girls.if i was to attempt to bond them with my pair how would i best go about it?would it work?the shed is big enough for 2 more so room isnt an issue.just dont want cause trouble with my pair.all help and advice gladly grateful :)

All buns will need to be spayed in order for bonding to be successful and to be safe make sure the new buns are vaccs panacured etc first.

There are lots of good threads on bonding which are worth reading but the basics are small space to start with and dont increase too quickly, bonding area MUST be neutral, buns need to have been done for at least 4 weeks before you try to bond to let hormones die down.

When you put them back into their shed it will need to have been completely neutralised before they go in and if possible moved around so that your exisiting buns dont see it as theirs

sorry forgot put,yes both girls neutered and fully vaccinated wormed etc.been very well looked after.i have room keep both pairs if bonding doesnt work so that not a problem.whats the best thing to neutralise area?they need a new litter tray so could pretyy much buy new for shed.how long would you have keep them in neuteral area before yu could put them back in the shed?:)

sorry forgot put,yes both girls neutered and fully vaccinated wormed etc.been very well looked after.i have room keep both pairs if bonding doesnt work so that not a problem.whats the best thing to neutralise area?they need a new litter tray so could pretyy much buy new for shed.how long would you have keep them in neuteral area before yu could put them back in the shed?:)

White vinegar or dilute disinfectant are both for neutralising. How long you kept them in a neutral area would really depend on how bonding went. The key is not to increase space too quickly

Do you live near a rescue who would bond them in return for a donation? That's what I would do, because personally I wouldn't feel confident bonding a group, but that's just me!:D

Perhaps search for threads on bonding groups? I remember when Nursecroft bonded her four she did it over quite a long period - I think it was weeks rather than days?:? I think she used a dog crate and took them for a drive if they got a bit boisterous. Good luck!:wave:

Back