• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chudleys dust free rabbit mix - any comments

My rabbit Rosie ate this all her life, and she lived till 8 with no health problems :) my best friends rabbits eat it now, and do well on it too.

I can recommend it! I only don't feed it to my current buns as its harder to get hold of here, plus, they were on pellets when I got them so stuck with it.

In theory, Mix should be avoided like the plague as it encourages selective eating (the nice sugarry bits are preferred, like a child with a plate of either sweets or broccolli).

Your best bet is an all inclusive pellet, such as Excel or Science Selective :wave:

I personally don't see an issue with muesli type foods.
If the rabbits are leaving any then they're getting too much food and the fibre content isn't a big deal so long as they are getting enough hay.

Rabbit Royale is the king of all muesli foods and is a great price, I'm considering switching to it from nuggets since it allows a little more variation in their diet and looks really good (if you look at a bag it's full of grains and grasses).
They do really love their nuggets though so I'll get a small bag and see what the buns think first.

If the rabbits are leaving any then they're getting too much food and the fibre content isn't a big deal so long as they are getting enough hay.

Some musli type foods are very high in sugar or carbs, so should be avoided. I don't know anything about this mix though, so can't comment...I know lots of people recommend Rabbit Royale though.

I am a true SS fan, my lot are doing great on it, nice ages, shiny coats, no mucky bums etc and it's fab, HOWEVER I bought a bag of Rabbit Royale to try and they are fine with that also so I mix the 2 together, but slightly more RR and a year later theya re still great on it and it makes the SS go further! :D

They refuse to eat AP, Excel gives them sticky bums, love other muesli foods and clear their bowls but I prefer RR because of the dried flowers etc and they LOVE it !!

Some musli type foods are very high in sugar or carbs, so should be avoided.
That's why you should always look at the nutritional content of food, not all nuggets are great either.
I'm just saying that muesli isn't bad just because it's muesli. :)

I personally don't see an issue with muesli type foods.

Rabbit Royale is the king of all muesli foods and is a great price, I'm considering switching to it from nuggets since it allows a little more variation in their diet and looks really good (if you look at a bag it's full of grains and grasses).
They do really love their nuggets though so I'll get a small bag and see what the buns think first.

I agree with you there, I was thinking of giving it to mine, as it does look good, but I keep forgetting and just ordering nuggets! Plus, its very cheap for the amount you get.

Also with bonded pairs or groups you wouldn't be able to be certain that one isn't eating one bit and the other another bit and therefore selectively feeding but you don't know because its all eaten if that makes sense. :oops:

I've used Rabbit Royale for 5 years now, because my Mr Bubbles was on it when I got him. I've never had any problem with any bun I've had on it.

I give them that little, that none of them selective feed with it.

I've never heard of the dust-free stuff so can't comment.

Also with bonded pairs or groups you wouldn't be able to be certain that one isn't eating one bit and the other another bit and therefore selectively feeding but you don't know because its all eaten if that makes sense. :oops:

I just give mine their own bowls :)

Back