• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I get a 6ftx4ft run?

Alicia

Mama Doe
The rescue I am getting my rabbits from say I need a 6ftx4ft run, where did you get your runs from?

I am considering building a run because the runs in shops and online are expensive and I think I could make an even bigger run for less.

Some freead sites have some going for cheap :) Also, a lot of people do them custom made :D
I have no idea about building one but I doubt it would be too difficult :) It's just my opinion but I like runs to be put into the ground quite a bit, especially would be easy if you were building one yourself.
I've had a few escapee buns with runs just popped on top of grassy areas or anywhere in my garden as they like to have a good dig under!

Sorry I couldn't offer much advice but didn't want to read and run :D

The rescue I am getting my rabbits from say I need a 6ftx4ft run, where did you get your runs from?

I am considering building a run because the runs in shops and online are expensive and I think I could make an even bigger run for less.

Ive just bought one off ebay its 6 x 4 it came last week its brill.. it was £45 i can get you the link if you want?

Build your own aviary panels that are 6ft x 3ft and then you can assemble them into a run that is 6ft x 6ft and 3ft tall :)

I have no idea where you'd buy them in the uk, but here we have hardware stores like Lowes that sell large dog kennels. you can get them in a few different sizes, so you should be able to find one that's around that size. i know there's a 6x10ft one. you could buy one off of craigslist, etc for cheap, at least half the price. like $50-$100. I really like them because they're good quality, have a top, and they're about 6ft high, so high enough to easily walk in.

If you can make it yourself, I'd go for that option.

If its a permanent run your adding for outdoor buns then bigger is better, so you could probably make one double the size for the same money. Ebay often has soom good deals on welded mesh.

Before you commit to buying a 6x4 can I just say that once the ramp is in place, and there are 2 buns in there with a few toys, there still won't be that much room for them to move about freely, and you may wish you'd gone for something larger.

Thank you :) I did see the metal ones but to me the wooden ones seem more sturdy. Most days my cat runs round the garden really fast (because he gets hyper :lol: ) and he does run into things sometimes and I don't want him to knock it over.
I might see if I my Dad will help me make one, but if not I'll probably buy the one from the link, or I might buy this, because I've still got to buy the hutch:
http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=70

But I'd get the 6ft one :)

I would personally say that a 6ft x4ft run isn't big enough if you are not planning to let your rabbits have a significant amount of free range time daily. The rescue are asking for the run to be at least those sizes so you can go bigger if you have the space and money. If it's just to keep them secure when they can't be free range then that's fine but if the run is to be their only exercise space I would definitely go bigger if I were you. My 2 would go stir crazy if they were shut in their 10ft x4ft kennel 24:7.

Not criticism by the way, just something to think about if you've not had rabbits before. I wasn't completely aware of how active buns were until I got them but the rescue I usesd was really good at stressing the point so I had large enough accomodation when I did get them.

Back