• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not bunnies ... newborn mini-pigs!

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
:wave: I know they're not bunnies ... but this evening I've become "Granny" to 4 guinea pig babies!

The mum, Myrrh, was rescued from an abandoned property less than 2 weeks ago. I'd never seen a pregnant piggie before, but knew immediately what was going on there!

'Daddy' has now been castrated and renamed "Dude" and has found himself a permanent home ... with his own hareem ... our 3 sows! (obviously won't be meeting them for a few weeks tho!)

Anyway ... sometime this evening Myrrh, usually called Myrtle now, has had 4 little 'uns :D I just HAD to share pics!

withmum.jpg

withauntie.jpg

proudmummy.jpg

inmyhand.jpg

waitforme.jpg

threebabes.jpg

They are completely scrummy. Always amazes me how big they are lol! Mother pig is gorgeous. This thread isn't helping my piggie wanting at all...

They're gorgeous, bet mammy pig was huge them them 4 in there though :shock:
mammy pig is my fave though, nothing better than ginger pigs :love:

They're gorgeous, bet mammy pig was huge them them 4 in there though :shock:

She was pretty big but was as lively as could be right up until the birth. Don't know excatly when she had them but last night, this morning and this evening she was as vocal and demanding for her food as ever. I THINK she had them about 9pm :)

:love::love::love:

My first thought was how tiny they were, but then realised how big they are considering they've only just been born. :shock: They're all incredibly cute. :love: Mum is very pretty too. :love:

Absolutely gorgeous :love:

I've had several litters born here and each one gets more scrummy.....

It's amazing how self sufficient they are in a matter of hours

Oh Abi, they are real little pieces of magic! I can never get over the perfection of baby piggies. Glad you have shared this with us all.

Alice x

:love: :love: they're too cute and so beautiful. congrats! That must have been quite an exciting experience for you :D

Back