• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am so angry at myself. Vibes please needed for my loppy trio

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so totally fuming with myself. I don't make mistakes. I'm super careful.

Tonight though, I slipped up. I was doing my evening meds rounds and after doing the lops I noticed some scabs on Mooshy Face so was examining her, and then took her downstairs to show mum.

When I went bakc upstairs (less than 5 minutes later), I found that Wish and Autumn had demolished the Fibreplex tube. They had eaten some extra Fibreplex which is not a problem for either of them, but the concerning bit is the distinct lack of nozzle- there is just a stump left. I can't find the nozzle, although did find a couple of 'bite size' bits. :censored:

So now I have to pump them full of fluid, pump them full of hay (which is currently going relatively well), and hope. I would hope for not a blockage because the bits I found were tiny, but potentially could be enough to scratch bunny insides.

I can't even change it or do anything to fix this. All I can do is just wait.

I can not believe I did this. I hope that my stupidity won't have any negative consequences.

Please can they have some 'no complications from their and my stupidity' vibes? I couldn't bear the thought of me harming yet more bunnies. They are supposed to be here because its safe and best for them- nto so I can harm them.

God I'm so stupid!

Please try not to worry about it too much... Dexie gets into everything in this house, including a butt load of plastic! I just give him extra hay and fluids and he's always fine.
I do try and keep him away from it but sometimes it just happens...
You're not stupid, you just made a mistake! We all do it sometimes!

The thing is, you know about it and you know what to look out for! I always see on here how well you look after your buns so DO NOT FEEL STUPID!!!

Huge hugs and lots of vibes for you and buns!!! I'm pretty sure you'll all be fine! Just pop the fibreplex on higher ground next time :p

Vibes for them hun. Don't beat yourself up, your certainly far from stupid. Hoping all is well with them all.

Lots of Love xx

Sky-O try not to worry, as hard as that may be, it is very unlikely that they will have swallowed the plastic so I expect the lumps you are seeing are the plastic pieces of nozzle chewed up. Don't forget the nozzle is hollow so not as much plastic as you think.

I left the fibreplex cap on the floor once for all of 5 seconds whilst I was still sat beside it and then heard this awful crunching sound - Nino had the whole thing in his mouth and was chewing it up at the back of his mouth like a sweetie! :shock: I had to stick my fingers to the back of his mouth to fish it out... only just got it out in time. :roll::cry:
He also picked up and ate a small glass bead I was making a bracelet with - crunched it right up.... I couldn't get it out of his mouth, and he was absolutely fine. I'm sure your pair will be absolutely fine... norty buns! x

You're certainly not stupid! It was an accident, these things happen. Don't feel bad and don't worry too much. Sending vibes for the buns, but I'm sure they'll be fine xx

dont beat yourself up. bertie and willow once ate a tube of fibreplex nozzle..had the same..bits everywhere....no ill effects...luckily but i found it to be a problem where buns think its a treat...and panacur too!!

pooping working tummy vibes just in case xx

ps...willow was a holy terror for a huge frenchie doe..the things she could reach i didnt think she could..or would...and stuff she couldnt..she got salem my cat to knock things down for her..nothing was safe..and the stuff she ate..omg:shock::oops:

i smile to myself as theyre both at the bridge now..but i belive theyre with my dad...combined trouble:lol:

Well all make distakes :) But you've just got to do what you can with the situation left which you're dealing with well using the hay and fluids. I work (did work) in an aquatics shop and accidently gave someone R/O instead of salt water and totally killed their entire fish tank, which was worht a good couple of grand. I was devistated that I could have done such a thing accidently. Theres more of a storey to it but I cba to explain :lol:. You're bunnys will be fine I'm sure but I'll keep my fingers crossed for them :)

PS- new bunny is washing thumpers face atm :D

Awww, you're not stupid - you're human. You didn't intend for it to happen but we all make mistakes, as much as we try not to. :love:

Sending lots of vibes. xxx

Don't beat yourself up about it, these things happen. Heck, Oidhche has eaten the rubber off my shoes (whilst still on my feet) and a blister pack with medicine still in it so I think their insides must be tougher than we think!

*vibes* for the naughty buns and *hugs* for the stressed bunny mum!

Oh Sky, bless ya.

Accidents happen, they always will do, however careful we are.

That said, i'll send all the vibes i can and lots from B&G too for their trio of friends :)

Hugs to you as always

accidents happen and this was an accident so dont beat yourself up, if we dont make mistakes/accidents we cant learn from them, not that im saying you need to learn i just mean in some strange fate moment 10 years down the line this might pop back into your head for no reason and make you do something differently which has a positive impact on whatever the situation might be

not sure i really have worded that right but its all meant to be positive and warm!

how are they this morning? :)

Sky-O, I'll let you in on a secret that I'm ashamed about. Mischa used to chew his litter tray :( There was a massive gap down one side. Fortunately he never had any damage from it.

These things happen. You are not a bad bunny mummy AT ALL. Please don't blame yourself and I hope ever so much they are ok this morning.

Thanks guys. They currently seem ok and eaten more hay overnight than probably ever before.

My mistakes normally cost bunny lives, so I have to not make them.

Back