• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think food shopping is going to be VERY expensive for me :(

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Today I spent just under £30 in Tesco... Meant to go in just to get pizza but ended up coming out with all sorts of veg etc for the buns and some leafy stuff for the tortoises.
Thought it'd be a good idea as Flopsy hasn't taken to pellets very well and with 300g to put on, he needs his food!
Bought some mix to put in with his pellets to see if he'd take to that instead.
Anyway... popped his spring greens in and some brocolli, carrots and cauliflower along with a mass amount of hay. Veg and hay= nom nom noms for Flopsy! He ravaged it! Needless to say, he wasn't too interested in the pellet/mix then!
I think shopping trips are going to be expensive for me in the future ... What a spoilt little boy!!!

:lol:

I bet I look really healthy in the supermarket with a trolley full of veg. No one knows that about 90% of it is for the rabbits! :lol:

When I was reading it I was thinking "£30 on food shopping is good!" then I continued to read :lol: made me laugh.

I wish my food shopping was £30! But, with the OH and a 2 year old to feed... it doesn't quite work out that cheap :( Along with the snakes, the gerbils, buns, cat and the rats (who refuse to eat rat nuggets as it turns out I've been spoiling them with fresh food :S) my food bill is quite expensive...
Gosh... I'll need to take on a part time job as well as uni at this rate!!! :p

:lol::lol: They do love their tastey num nums! Thumpers decided to prefers my new rabbits "mixed food" (Rabbit Royale) so I've decided to mix the two togther. It's much much cheaper for me then as BBT is very expensive as far as rabbit foods go. I can't help but buy them tastey stuff from time to time. Walking around the store picking things up thinking "thats cheap" it alllllll adds up :p

I wish my food shopping was £30! But, with the OH and a 2 year old to feed... it doesn't quite work out that cheap :( Along with the snakes, the gerbils, buns, cat and the rats (who refuse to eat rat nuggets as it turns out I've been spoiling them with fresh food :S) my food bill is quite expensive...
Gosh... I'll need to take on a part time job as well as uni at this rate!!! :p

It's probably for the best, as rat nuggets aren't generally much good... With rats it's all about variety :wave:

I do the exact same thing pretty mug very time I go into a shop :lol:

We have a budget of £25 on the grocery shopping per week, we normally spend about half of it. However when it comes to madam here she gets science selective, the best hay, and better veg than we do! :roll: Spoilt git :lol:

I'm super glad that I'm not the only one who happens to spend a teeny bit too much on the animals!!! :)
I also didn't think nuggets were the best for ratties, thanks for telling me that they aren't!!! :D I shall stick to the variety I'm giving them :)
I did see some hay in P@H which was around the £8 mark for a small bag... thought it was a tad pricey for timothy hay :S
Any body else seen it or buys it? Know the difference?

:D

xxx

I'm super glad that I'm not the only one who happens to spend a teeny bit too much on the animals!!! :)
I also didn't think nuggets were the best for ratties, thanks for telling me that they aren't!!! :D I shall stick to the variety I'm giving them :)
I did see some hay in P@H which was around the £8 mark for a small bag... thought it was a tad pricey for timothy hay :S
Any body else seen it or buys it? Know the difference?

:D

xxx

Here's a link to a really good info sheet about rat food, if you're interested

http://www.fancy-rats.co.uk/information/guides.php?subject=shunamite

That sounds like Alfalfa Kings hay, was it in a red bag? If so, that hay is fab. It smells amazing, and the rabbits devour it. I buy it, although I get it from the Hay Experts, who don't seem to sell the smaller bags anymore, but the bigger bag is only £9.14, so cheaper in comparison (providing the bags are different sizes).

Back