• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

arrhhh preloved!

Why do people give up rabbits when they get a "new" pet! :censored:

Just seen an ad on preloved...

I am having to re-home my two mini lop rabbits due to getting a new puppy and she wont leave them alone. One is a female blue eyed white who has been spayed and is nearly one year old. The other is a grey male who has been neutered and is also nearly one year old. They have been kept both indoors and outdoor so is entirely up to you. They love to run around the garden and in the house. I will also be giving away a 4ft indoor cage and alll accessories and also have home made outdoor run and hutch you could have if wanted. Wanting somebody who can give them a loving home!

Ok yes she wants to find them a new loving home but why does she want to get rid of them? They were there before the pup. :cry:

It's so sad, I went on and there are 2 buns brother sister, seemingly 'fixed' and jabbed :roll: then another with a cornered off pen in a stable with a hutch that needs repair, oh and lives with a guinea pig....I really must not look anymore...only frustrates me!

i am in the process of looking for two rescues buns and when i have been googling for rescue centres and come across FREE ADDS AND PRELOVED (perfect name) i cannot believe the amount of buns being given up and sold. it makes me very sad and angry:cry:

To be fair, it sounds like they've looked after the buns well and done all the things you 'should' do and it's probably better for the buns to go off to a nice new home that really wants them than to stay with this family if they aren't up to training the pup.

To be fair, it sounds like they've looked after the buns well and done all the things you 'should' do and it's probably better for the buns to go off to a nice new home that really wants them than to stay with this family if they aren't up to training the pup.

That was my first reaction if I'm honest:?

Whereabouts are they Emma?:)

That's what I think. It's better for someone to find a better home for their pets if they don't want them rather than keep them. I think it's sad people can be like that, I can't imagine not loving my pets, but it's best for the animals when people give away their unwanted pets.

I think they sound well cared for and the owner wants them to go to a good home but I don't think it's right rehoming the rabbits because they have a new puppy, they should've thought about the puppy and rabbits not getting along first. I always think about all the 'what ifs' before getting a new pet so I know they will be fine before getting them.

I think they sound well cared for and the owner wants them to go to a good home but I don't think it's right rehoming the rabbits because they have a new puppy, they should've thought about the puppy and rabbits not getting along first. I always think about all the 'what ifs' before getting a new pet so I know they will be fine before getting them.

Yes exactly my point. :) Yeah they are doing the right thing in finding them a good new home but it really frustrates me when people get new pets and it results in bye bye old pet. :roll: I would never get an animal if it meant i had to rehome another one!

I don't foresee myself ever rehoming any of my animals but I'll be honest, if I had a pet that I didn't really love and really really wanted a pet that would conflict with having the first pet, and waiting for the second pet meant waiting up to 13 years for the first pet to die, I'd rehome the first pet!

I know where you're coming from and I feel the same about my pets -
I am looking for a rescue dog who is ok with small animals or that I think I can handle training but that's because my existing pets are my priority.
Other people don't care that much about their bunnies, and if I didn't care very much for them then I'd be willing to give them up to get a dog that's perfect in every other way.

Yes exactly my point. :) Yeah they are doing the right thing in finding them a good new home but it really frustrates me when people get new pets and it results in bye bye old pet. :roll: I would never get an animal if it meant i had to rehome another one!

Same with me. and people do the same thing with having a baby. :roll: i guess if they don't have time for their pets then it's best, but i feel disgusted when i see those ads. most of the time they probably have a boyfriend/husband, so surely they could help care for the pets? or an older child, which would of course need help, but they could still do simple things like feeding and watering... i feel like anyone who really loved their pets wouldn't be so quick to give them away just because it wasn't working out with a new pet or a new baby. you could find a way to make it work. this women, if she had actually cared, could have kept the bunnies in a room in the house and always keep the door closed with a baby gate on it. or kept the buns outside. so the new pup was just an excuse really.

Back