• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want free range!! help with bunnyproofing around my bed - pics added

but i just dont know how to sort my bed out. There are some wires, which i could cover with tape and storage cubes. But under my bed there is a matress on wheels for guests. Dolly likes digging great big holes in it :roll:

Ive tried putting a pen around it. But Dolly jumps onto my bed then jumps down between my bed and the pen and get stuck there :roll:

If i put storage cubes around the matress under there, 1 cube isnt high enough to stop her getting onto it, and 2 cubes wont fit under my bed.

Any ideas, theyre so good and its a shame they cant free range 24/7 :(

Should i save up for a new bed instead of a shed? :idea:

Last edited:
Can you use storage cubes and fix them to the bed so there is no gap?

I'm struggling a little to visualise what you mean.

I think a picutre would be useful, but what about cable tying two NIC grids together, overlapping them so that they fit under there in the exact size you want them to?

I think a picutre would be useful, but what about cable tying two NIC grids together, overlapping them so that they fit under there in the exact size you want them to?

I guess, but i do use the space under my bed and it would be harder to access with storage grids.

Thats my bed. You can see the frame and the matress underneath.
06012011621.jpg

And here you can see the gap between the matress and my bed slats
06012011622.jpg

Does that help?

Could you raise the mattress up so there is no gap?

I sympathise cos that's what Mini used to do with my old underbed boxes :roll: I ended up chucking them and getting taller ones. Then when I got lino the gap got bigger and she just jumped into the boxes so Dad cut a bit of board to go over it all.

Could you raise the mattress up so there is no gap?

I sympathise cos that's what Mini used to do with my old underbed boxes :roll: I ended up chucking them and getting taller ones. Then when I got lino the gap got bigger and she just jumped into the boxes so Dad cut a bit of board to go over it all.

Its not a problem her going on the matress, or even digging on it. Its a problem when mum or dad see it! :lol:

Its not a problem her going on the matress, or even digging on it. Its a problem when mum or dad see it! :lol:

:lol: Mini got in one of my boxes and ate my epilator lead :evil: Oh well it's a good excuse not to bother sorting my legs out :lol:

:lol: Mini got in one of my boxes and ate my epilator lead :evil: Oh well it's a good excuse not to bother sorting my legs out :lol:

:shock: :shock: :lol:

Id make sure mine all had lids on as id keep medical appliances in them and most of my things need to be sterile.

Ive just solved it, why didnt i think of this AGES ago!?

Ask my parents if i can get rid of the spare matress and tell them ill buy them an inflatable one to replace it. That way it takes up less space, i get more storage and the buns get more room! Voilla!! :lol:

Easier said than done, my parents are tough nuts to crack at times, but it cant be any more difficult than it was getting the buns indoors in the first place! Besides, i cant remember the last time anyone slept on it and if we have more than 1 guest, ill sleep on the sofa, i love sleeping in the front room.

Sounds like a plan :thumb:

I have those folding crate things from B&Q. *is too lazy to find a pic* So they don't have a lid, the piece of hardboard the whole length has worked perfectly though.

Back