• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures!

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
If you read my last post you may thing I'm a poor bunny mummy :( I'm just taking a rescues advice to see how it works. And if I'm honest, it is going great....so far! It will be monotored closely everyone :) Please don't kick me out the forum yet for trying to bond a neutered male with a unspayed female! It may work :D *halo* Anyway. Here are some photos of the lovely couple together for the first proper time.

bun1.jpg

bun2.jpg

bun3.jpg

bun4.jpg

bun5.jpg

bun6.jpg

bun7.jpg

bun8.jpg

She's always been very tense since we've had her (which is only a few days) so it's nice to see her so laid back like she is in the last photo. She's nick named Bambi until my O/H discovers a name for her :)

I'm hoping he was neutered over 6 weeks ago?

My opinion is that you are a bad bunny mum though, and therefore the beautiful sable marten nethie needs to come and live here. With me.

I'm hoping he was neutered over 6 weeks ago?

My opinion is that you are a bad bunny mum though, and therefore the beautiful sable marten nethie needs to come and live here. With me.

He was neuterd 3 months ago :) And you can't have her :) Is that the colour of her (Sable Marten)? I don't no much about colours. My closest guess was tan but not quite tan.

He was neuterd 3 months ago :) And you can't have her :) Is that the colour of her (Sable Marten)? I don't no much about colours. My closest guess was tan but not quite tan.

Yes, she is a sable marten and incredibly cute :) but :censored::evil: that I can't have her.

They will be fine together. They are just lovely :) x

I hope so. I do feel bad because I no it goes against what most people say on this forum. But I like to think of them as guide lines 8) I feel comfortable enough to try it, so I think as long as I am very careful and keep a close eye on them, it'll be ok.

I agree :D It looks like you are doing a brilliant job so far. As long as you keep a very close eye on them, things look they are going to end up quite well :D
And they are ADORABLE, by the way. Well done!

Yes, she is a sable marten and incredibly cute :) but :censored::evil: that I can't have her.

Thank you for letting me know what colour she is. It sounds so grand to me, Sable Marten. Unless I am pronouncing it wrong :angel: which I probably am! what colour type is Thumper, or is he just a pick 'n' mix rabbit :D

I hope so. I do feel bad because I no it goes against what most people say on this forum. But I like to think of them as guide lines 8) I feel comfortable enough to try it, so I think as long as I am very careful and keep a close eye on them, it'll be ok.

What you have to remember is that on here people can only say 'the rules' because if someone said something that went against them and someone else followed them and something went wrong then that would be down to the bad advice. All bunnies are different and different things can work for different bunnies and there are times when its appropriate to try something a bit different. Just trust yourself, follow your bunnies, and be sensible.

Its all about knowledge and understanding. If you have the understanding to 'play' with the knowledge then there's nothing wrong with it.

What you have to remember is that on here people can only say 'the rules' because if someone said something that went against them and someone else followed them and something went wrong then that would be down to the bad advice. All bunnies are different and different things can work for different bunnies and there are times when its appropriate to try something a bit different. Just trust yourself, follow your bunnies, and be sensible.

Its all about knowledge and understanding. If you have the understanding to 'play' with the knowledge then there's nothing wrong with it.

Makes a lot more sense so cheers for explaining :) on that note....don't try this at home people!!!

That's a lovely piece of advice :wave:

can work well

We successfully bonded our first (extremely feisty) unspayed female with a younger friendlier neutered male rescue. We didn't know enough to be wary in those days. It went very well and they became a devoted couple. She learned a lot from him and became easier to handle. They loved each other. She went for spaying later, and returned happily to her husbun. If it works, don't beat yourself up about it. Do spay her if you sensibly can - by the time we had Marble spayed she had womb cancer that had spread beyond permanent treatment, and we would have done it sooner had we known the cancer risks. Lots of luck with the happy pair.

We successfully bonded our first (extremely feisty) unspayed female with a younger friendlier neutered male rescue. We didn't know enough to be wary in those days. It went very well and they became a devoted couple. She learned a lot from him and became easier to handle. They loved each other. She went for spaying later, and returned happily to her husbun. If it works, don't beat yourself up about it. Do spay her if you sensibly can - by the time we had Marble spayed she had womb cancer that had spread beyond permanent treatment, and we would have done it sooner had we known the cancer risks. Lots of luck with the happy pair.

I want to get her done when she is fully settled, preferably with Thumper and she's eatting BBT as it's currently in change mode. I think it'll be appropriate for her around the age of 6-12 months old. I want it done soon, but I want to make sure she's mature first because I don't know if that could complecate things.

Back