• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've just rushed Erin to the emergency vets (gassy) Update -coming home today!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
When I got home from work she was hunched up and refusing food. As the vets were due to close before I could get there I monitored Erin for about 20 minutes, rang the vets and then got her there for about 30 minutes after they closed. Nothing obvious on examination and she was quite bright by then :?

Sadly the x-ray shows more gas than Ruth would like to see and shows why she had symptoms of belly ache :cry::cry: Erin is refusing food but still fairly bright. She *could* have a blockage and I've spotted the symptoms early but hopefully the gas will pass and there will be be nothing more serious going on. I'm just so glad I took it seriously and got her there, I can't tell you how precious she has become to me in the last 3 1/2 weeks.

If there is any change they will ring me.

Any *nothing serious* vibes would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Tons of nothing serious vibes for your little girl Erin xxxx
My Mimi had an episode similar to this a week ago, it turned out to be abit of gas and after a night of tummy massages, hot water bottles and syringed cooled boiled water she was as right as rain :D

Poor Erin; you did a brilliant job as her bunny mummy and got her to the vet asap. I really do hope it's nothing serious and she is home again soon. :love::love::love:

Lots of nothing serious vibes.
I hope shes bright and cheerful tomorrow, somtimes these things pass as quickly as they seem to come.

Thank you so much for the vibes and thoughts everyone.

I really did think I was being paranoid as I drove her there, especially as she was so bright in the waiting room. PetPlan are gathering loads of information before paying out for Elijah's stasis a couple of months ago so I was also thinking that maybe I should 'give it more time' as Petplan obviously think there's a *possibility* I'm taking them when there's nothing much wrong.

The phone hasn't rung, I'm kind of working on the basis if it was to develop into something serious it's more likely to happen before midnight than after.... I'm just looking forward to giving her a big cuddle, getting them teefs chattering again :love::love: She kept nudging my hand when I stopped the nose rubs last night - it's like she's been here all her life :love::love:

Back