• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My setups

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I thought I'd do a post of my different setups so that when people ask I can just point them here.

Before I found RU... two indoor cages connected together - with running time on the landing
_IGP5148_CONV-vi.jpg

After finding RU... NIC cube enclosure - 5ft by 2'6'' by 2'6'' (used 32 panels + 2 for the shelf). This initially had Mini, Mischa and Nutmeg in and then Nutmeg and Smudge once the lops moved into my room.
c1caada1.jpg

7bdb704e.jpg

c639c1c3.jpg

Lops base... dog crate with extra shelf (they were never shut in this for extended periods of time, only for a few minutes while I hoovered)
8ac2bd33.jpg

Photo0456-vi.jpg

Now... free-range without any bases

Lionheads room...
Lino with blankets. They love the yellow cat tray with towel, makes a perfect sized bed for Nutmeg. The tunnel means Smudge can get from litter tray to his 'safe place' (under the table) quickly and 'safely' by his standards.
6ae2dd95.jpg

009104f5.jpg

Storage in the ottoman...

1956e4b0.jpg

Proofing... NIC panels
cf606380.jpg

Lops room...

Litter tray. Cardboard box for a tunnel.
413675e7.jpg

Mischa's ramp. Clear boxes at foot of bed - treat hay. Some of the black boxes hold spare blankies and bits.
574b43ef.jpg

Other side of the bed. Carrier which sometimes has newspaper in to dig and a duvet where they like to sleep at nighttime.
48ad3354.jpg

Blankie which is where they like to sleep during the day time. They also like to jump on the chair to get to my bed.
2ffd2619.jpg

This is where all the food and cleaning up bits live.
6d8a4f26.jpg

And this is the second tunnel which goes under the bed so they can do a circuit.
712dd051.jpg

Proofing... NIC panels
6236c2d0.jpg

HTH someone :)

Last edited:
Brilliant! How are they enjoying it?

I think Mischa was a little confused last night. He sat at the top of the ramp staring at me as if to say 'so when is it coming back?'. But now they seem really happy with it.

Thats fantastic. Bet your buns love it. I love it when people learn from this site, I know that I have learned so much about buns from here

i do when i look at how i use to keep scooter. but now its a bit better still got some more improvements to do before im done though

im sorry i know ive been told about these but do u know them panels that ur using for bunny proffing i know where to get them but i dont know there really name can u tell me plz

Those set-ups are brilliant. :D xx

I think all of us who've had pets for some years look back and wish we'd done things differently. Progress is *good*! :p

You must have some very happy bunnies, bless 'em - they are rather cute bunnies too, bless 'em xx :love:

I really love your set ups! :D I love how you can be so creative with NIC cubes, and the shelves in them look great.

thank u might get some of these when possible i havent got any money at the moment

I got mine on craigslist from a really nice women giving away a bunch for free. She gave me so many, must be over a hundred! I always get bored of counting them and stop when I get to about 30 :lol:

I really love your set ups! :D I love how you can be so creative with NIC cubes, and the shelves in them look great.

I got mine on craigslist from a really nice women giving away a bunch for free. She gave me so many, must be over a hundred! I always get bored of counting them and stop when I get to about 30 :lol:

lol i could do a lot with them lol
this is what my rabbit is in at the moment.
19122010152.jpg

but when hes been neautered im hoping to move him into this but with a run too.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dog-Puppy-Cag...s_Dogs&var=&hash=item791406ac8a#ht_3528wt_905

The good thing about the cubes is you can make a pen and then if you want to bunnyproof in the future you can just dismantle the pen and use the cubes for that.

I think all of us who've had pets for some years look back and wish we'd done things differently. Progress is *good*! :p

Definitely, I think about the rabbits and guinnea pigs i had as a child and compare them to the spoiled little rabbits i have now and I feel so guilty! Although in my defence I was always gentle with my rabbits as a child and never tried to pick them up :p

But the set up is looking great, you are very brave letting them free range around your room! I could definitely not let my rabbits do that, they're too sneaky.

Definitely, I think about the rabbits and guinnea pigs i had as a child and compare them to the spoiled little rabbits i have now and I feel so guilty! Although in my defence I was always gentle with my rabbits as a child and never tried to pick them up :p

But the set up is looking great, you are very brave letting them free range around your room! I could definitely not let my rabbits do that, they're too sneaky.

:lol: Mini's sneaky especially when it come to getting under my bed and Mischa decided to pee on my bed again this morning :evil: but most of the time they're fine :thumb:

I am so ultimately jealous of you having free-range bunnies.

But you already know that... :lol:

Back