• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dexter's missing tooth? Any ideas?

Pipkin

Young Bun
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My rabbit Dexter some of you may know as the dental bun my sister (Jenova) rescued. I've been monitoring his teeth very carefully and after the last op my vets took an x-ray which showed he had another tooth that she couldn't get to that was eventually going to rear its ugly head.

The vet said it might not...but as it was dexter...of course it did. It was only a small peg tooth and I've been watching it for the last month and a half - it didn't really grow much. I was trying to save up enough money for his op but while I was back in Manchester I thought I would get it filed down so he could last a little bit longer. However, me and my sister checked it out today and it was...gone!

I'm baffled. The only thing I can think is that he either knocked it out of his mouth by being a spaz and jumping on things....and then falling off, like he usually does. Or possibly he somehow lost it in the garden?

Has this happened to anyone before? Is it any cause for alarm...or has Dexter's clumsiness just saved him a trip to the vets?

Thanks for your help!

peg teeth if knocked can easily come out :wave:

i once had a mini lop and on x-rays and while under dental the vet noticed he had numerous molar teeth missing, which we never understood why

I'd keep a close eye on him and check that he's eating, then book him into the vet for a check up anyway. You never can be too careful with dental buns...

:wave:

peg teeth if knocked can easily come out :wave:

i once had a mini lop and on x-rays and while under dental the vet noticed he had numerous molar teeth missing, which we never understood why

Ooh I didn't know they could just be knocked out that's slightly more reassuring!

And as Jenova said...he never stops eating...

Back