• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to look to rehome a couple of rabbits?

stranger23

Mama Doe
ok if im going to end up rehoming a couple of my rabbits where should i look to find suitable homes for them? i dont really want to have to take them to a rescue centre if possible as i know they have so many animals that need new homes and i dont want to add to the poor animals waiting for a new home

I don't think it matters where you try to find them homes as long as you do home checks and suchlike.

You can try Rabbit Rehome, RIN on the forum, preloved, gumtree, vets, small ads, etc.

They may find it a bit weird, but an explanation to them to explain why should be sufficient, and if they won't, then do you want your bunnies going to someone you are unsure you can trust?

Thank you i will give it a try then if it comes to me having to rehome then homefully i wont have to but its not looking hopeful right now, i feel awful about having to think about rehoming but i also dont want my babies to suffer

no i dont sky-o thats why i thought i would ask on here about where to rehome them and any advice about how to go about it is great, its hard to think about not having any of my babies i want to know that they are going to someone that is going to treat them right

But if you do that there will be no rescue back up. What if they can't keep the rabbits after a year or so? With no contract and agreement made the rabbits could end up anywhere. Some rescues can give rescue back up, but you can keep them at yours until they are homed. Perhaps thats a better way.

Back