• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bugsy & Bubbles Bonding/Update post 94 :)

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
Right so i picked up Bubbles today shes gorgeous:love:They are now in the bath tub being bonded.. They have only been in the bath tub an hour and already Bubbles is grooming Bugsy.. they have flopped out together and now are eating hay together.. will keep you all updated as ive never done this before:wave:

Last edited:
Thankyou so far so goood :):) was going to do it in dating sessions but might just be brave and go for the bond where u dont take them apart.. see how it goes itss really early yet

This is them now in the bath tub sorry about the quality

photo_20110107153050.jpg

photo_20110107153122.jpg

photo_20110107153128.jpg

:love::wave:

Yes I think i would agree. Do not separate these two if you have the time to keep a very close eye and not leave them, they are looking good so far. A spray water bottle always worked well for me. Good luck. :)

They are both still flopped next to eachother:love: been no fighitng chasing nothing.. little thumping but thats it.. still grooming eachother:love:
Only thing is my family will want to use the bath 2night so i was thinking of moving them into a dog crate which i have until they are bonded.. could that affect them? by moving them? i mean.. im goin to have to move them into it anyway but just wondering?

They are both still flopped next to eachother:love: been no fighitng chasing nothing.. little thumping but thats it.. still grooming eachother:love:
Only thing is my family will want to use the bath 2night so i was thinking of moving them into a dog crate which i have until they are bonded.. could that affect them? by moving them? i mean.. im goin to have to move them into it anyway but just wondering?

I would have bonded them in the dog crate in the first place? Rather than the bath :lol:

Because they havent been together long and your family need the bath i would chance moving them...as long as you can supervise them in the crate. But if any chasing/fighting starts you may have to move them back.

They sound like they are already getting on really well seeing as they havent been together long :)

I would have bonded them in the dog crate in the first place? Rather than the bath :lol:

Because they havent been together long and your family need the bath i would chance moving them...as long as you can supervise them in the crate. But if any chasing/fighting starts you may have to move them back.

They sound like they are already getting on really well seeing as they havent been together long :)

I know i should of used the dog crate in the first place really:roll:but i wasnt going to do a bond like this was going to do dating sessions.. but i really dont want to split them because their brill so far:D soo the dog crate it is..Bubbles keeps flopping and im like:shock: the way she does it!!

Make sure the crate is neutral :wave:

Moving them *may* upset the bond so just be wary and careful :)

If it's any help, i moved a pair of mine all over the house for my convenience so i could watch them. I moved them outside our bedroom door when we went to bed as well!! Good luck. x:)

If it's any help, i moved a pair of mine all over the house for my convenience so i could watch them. I moved them outside our bedroom door when we went to bed as well!! Good luck. x:)

Thanks that makes me feel better :) i could do that..outside my bedroom door.. ill hear everything then:D

Thanks that makes me feel better :) i could do that..outside my bedroom door.. ill hear everything then:D

So will everyone else in the house :lol::lol:

Its best to keep them somewhere you can always keep and eye on them espcially the first couple of nights, the first week. :wave:

Okayy so that didnt last long lol Bugsys been humping Bubble's head.. and ended up with Bugsy having some fur ripped off his ear. but they are now flopped again its Bugsy whos starting it by humping her head =/ Any advice anyonee?

Okayy so that didnt last long lol Bugsys been humping Bubble's head.. and ended up with Bugsy having some fur ripped off his ear. but they are now flopped again its Bugsy whos starting it by humping her head =/ Any advice anyonee?

That is probably normal bonding behaviour :)
Ive heard of other peoples bunnies humping heads while bonding :roll: :lol:
You could try and distract them before it turns into a chase or a fight, but otherwise you cant really stop him from humping her poor head :( :lol:
They need to sort out who is boss, so remember there will be chases and nips to put each other in place :lol:

That is probably normal bonding behaviour :)
Ive heard of other peoples bunnies humping heads while bonding :roll: :lol:
You could try and distract them before it turns into a chase or a fight, but otherwise you cant really stop him from humping her poor head :( :lol:
They need to sort out who is boss, so remember there will be chases and nips to put each other in place :lol:

Ahh thats okay then if its normal.. even though since that theres been nothing! fingers crossed this keeps going good:D

okay soo i will be setting up the dog crate soon and will be sleeping on the sofa:roll: dont want to seperate them as they r brill so far:D Will upload some pics soon:wave::D

Back