• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How will they cope?

rachylou

Warren Veteran
I am having a bit of a stress at the moment, we have two house bunnies, Jimby and Cookie and they are my fury children, I love them with all my heart!
We are expecting our first baby and I am starting to really worry about how they will cope with

1. The labour at home before going to hospital, I am really scared that all the screaming is going to scare the **** out of them- they are very sensitive little souls!

2. The fact will probably have to stay in hospital for a few days due to my mental health problems. I can not stand being away from them, I even worry about them when I pop to the shops for half an hour!
Jimby has such a delicate tummy and can so easily go in to statis he has been through it so many times now and we have been extremely lucky that he has made it through and this is due to me acting fast and I know the extremley stubtle signs to look out for and I am very watchful over him and what he passes, however my husband although I know he will look after them he will not monitor him as closley as I do and I am worried sick that he may become ill whilst I am not there and the subtle signs go unnoticed and the worst could happen.
Which then brings on another concern, I HAVE to be with him when he is unwell, I am his Mummy, would I be able to leave the hospital?

3. How will they cope with a screaming baby in the flat?

1. You don't have to scream!
2. You will be so wrapped up in your newborn that you honestly wont be overly worrying about the rabbits!
3. I don't imagine that it will phase them to be honest!

How far gone in your pregnancy are you? Stop worrying! xxx

2. You will be so wrapped up in your newborn that you honestly wont be overly worrying about the rabbits!

Well said :thumb:

And im sure your other half will do fine feeding them, looking after them if you have to stay in hospital, although he will probably spend most of his time with you :wave: As long as they are fed, watered and hay'd they should be fine :wave:

Such exciting news I am pleased for you!

Now rach please don't worry bunnies have each other so they will not be overly concerned I bet.

As Lily says your whole out look will change once that bubba appears, it won't take away from your love of your furries, but the love you have for your child will be the biggest thing in the world!

I am so excited for you Rach, fingers crossed all this "trying" to have a baby will work soon for me too. :wave:

Such exciting news I am pleased for you!

Now rach please don't worry bunnies have each other so they will not be overly concerned I bet.

As Lily says your whole out look will change once that bubba appears, it won't take away from your love of your furries, but the love you have for your child will be the biggest thing in the world!

I am so excited for you Rach, fingers crossed all this "trying" to have a baby will work soon for me too. :wave:

Aww Shelly I didnt know you were trying!! Congratulations and best of luck!!
I just started spilling out loads of stuff that other RU readers probably wouldnt be interested in regarding conceptions o I will PM you! :oops:

I know the love I will feel for my baby will be an all together new and strong love but I will still love my fury babies so much and I do worry about them, especially Jims, he is my baby! :)

Aww Shelly I didnt know you were trying!! Congratulations and best of luck!!
I just started spilling out loads of stuff that other RU readers probably wouldnt be interested in regarding conceptions o I will PM you! :oops:

I know the love I will feel for my baby will be an all together new and strong love but I will still love my fury babies so much and I do worry about them, especially Jims, he is my baby! :)

I feel the same, i am stressing over the fact that if I catch then I am going to have to kick them out of their room, (I only have one spare:oops:)

Bobby will love it as she was always free range anyway, But I am going to have to get Carlo a bit more house trained and used to the rest of the house

Yeah, this.

good luck with your baby, im so happy for you

Back