• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo :(

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I don't think he is drinking :( I tried to give some earlier with a syringe but he wasn't having any of it. Should I catch him and force him to drink or call the vets?

He's still coming out of Stasis isn't he?

Give him some wet veg to nom on and tempt him with all sorts of watery herbs etc.

Did they give him fluids at the vets? Perhaps he's already hydrated enough?

He's still coming out of Stasis isn't he?

Give him some wet veg to nom on and tempt him with all sorts of watery herbs etc.

Did they give him fluids at the vets? Perhaps he's already hydrated enough?

Yes he's coming out of stasis (or at least I hope he is). I have been giving him vegetables so maybe he's ok. No fluids at the vets but I have left a message for the vet to give me a call. How will I know if he is dehydrated?

Yes he's coming out of stasis (or at least I hope he is). I have been giving him vegetables so maybe he's ok. No fluids at the vets but I have left a message for the vet to give me a call. How will I know if he is dehydrated?

i really dont know, sorry, i was just throwing ideas otu there. I'd ask the vet when he/she calls back :)

I dont have any advice other than what has been posted, but i hope he is better soon!

Lots of vibes!x

The vet phoned back and said as long as he is eating fresh vegetables he should be ok. Just have to keep an eye on him. Thank you for all the vibes.

Does Milo normally drink a lot? I actually get quite excited when I see Spenser drinking because it is such a rare event. :oops: He seems to get most of the liquid he need from his frech veg. I don't know how to spot signs of dehydration, but a phone call to the vet should clear this up. :wave:

Is Milo self-eating and passing droppings yet? If not, fresh veggies will not be enough fluids and he will most likely need them orally, but ideally sub-cut.

Back