• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this ok size?!

chul

Staff member
Seen this on freecycle:

i have indoor rabbit cage.it measures 37 and half inches and 23 inches wide .it
does need a bit of a clean . it is alright,it just that her rabbit died of old
I am useless with measurements, is that small? Should I take it?

ETA: I do NOT plan on using it for Bunski, only to stop someone getting it and keeping a rabbit locked in it!

Last edited:
Seen this on freecycle:

i have indoor rabbit cage.it measures 37 and half inches and 23 inches wide .it
does need a bit of a clean . it is alright,it just that her rabbit died of old
I am useless with measurements, is that small? Should I take it?

Just over 3 foot sounds very small for a cage / hutch.

If you rabbit is free range it would surfice as a tray (without the lid) for toilet and feeding supplies for the rabbit.

If it is going to be shut in for even short periods at a time it is way too small for even one rabbit.

Also, if you do take it, please be so so careful.

If the bunny who 'died of old age' was ill for any reason, you could transfer any bacteria/spores to Bunski. VHD, EC etc.

If you do take it, take lots of black bags to put it in and change your clothes etc.

Hmmm.. maybe I'll leave it then! Was just thinking I could stop some poor bunny being in it.

And I wasn't planning on getting it for my rabbit! :wave:

3ft x just under 2ft.

Might be useful as a litter tray :roll:

You forgot to wave (ooops wrong thread :oops:). :p

It would be too small as a permanent set up, but would be good for a base/large litter tray either indoors or in an aviary or similar. In an emergency, it would be ok to use as a 'hospital bay' but not for any length of time really.

Back