• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit with 3rd eye

breeze

Mama Doe
browsing free ads again and came across an ad where a baby has got 3 eyes and an extra eyelid?would it have health problems as it grows?

i've heard of animals with a 3rd eyelid (one above another) but now with 3 eyes.

Thats either a severe deformity, or total rubbish from freeads :roll:

Do they perhaps just mean that the third eyelid is visible (usually whiteish looking in the corner of the eye I think) rather than the bunny having a whole third eye (which sounds completely weird, but not impossible I guess :?) ?

are you serious?! I think we need to see a pic????

And Captain helen!! I am getting a bunny called Billy who looks exactly like your bunny called Billy!

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=20084

I don't want to see a pic! I think it would give me nightmares! :lol:

And yes he does look like Billy! Odd because I didn't name him after a TV show like I normally would, I just thought he looked like a Billy! Guess I was right! :lol:

it says 3 eyes but cant see it,ad on pets4homes.choc fox french lop baby.says also has 3rd eyelid?im curious now?

Last edited:
If she was closer, I'd have her. Shes lovely. Someone send her to me! :love:

It looks like a lazy eye, maybe with white in like someone said.

I'm dying to rescue her.

Hi Guys.

Just had a reply from them;

Hi there

the third eyelid is a nictitating membrane, used to protect the eye and keep it moist. Often it blinks so rapidly you don't see it,but in this case the nictitating membrane is visile all the time ,so no it does not mean it as 3 eyes,hope this answers you queation.
jane.

Hope this answers all of your questions.

Gray

Hmm, didn't think it could be an actual third eye...that would have been bordering on miraculous, like that fish in the Simpsons.

Sounds like it isn't debilitating at all, which is good news, and she still looks an utter cutie, so I wouldn't think it would hold her back for rehoming. :love:

Back