• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Bales in Oxfordshire or Swindon (pref delivered)

sarahsarah

Warren Scout
Hello, I am in Oxfordshire and am looking to buy a bale of hay! If you know of anywhere that would deliver that would be fab, but otherwise I will have my husband back in late Feb and can send him to get some. Thanks :)

(I put Swindon as well because when said husband is around we go shopping to Swindon quite often anyway)

Hi :wave:

Just posted this on another thread:

Worth googling equestrian/farm supplies in your area. They'll be sure to have some. You might have to pay £6+ a bale but I'd be surprised if they couldn't let you have a bale or two. It's even worth stopping at any places you see horses (& people about) to see if you could buy an odd bale from someone :D

you're so close to me! Michelleox on here lives in Witney, I live in Charlbury and Hurricain Honey lives in Chipping Norton. X

The farm shop in Carterton can order in hay bales. I must admit the one I had from there wasn't very good but that may have been the time of year. It was about £4.95. I will be going at the weekend and can always ask about price if needed. :wave:

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Which farm shop is this, the fruit and veg shop in the centre or the foxbury farm one?

Hmm, I've been buying hay from there the whole time, why did i never ask if i could have more? lol!:wave: Thanks I will ask tomorrow :)

Ok cool, I could always use the bale for bedding if it's not as good and keep getting the bags to eat..

While we are talking of the area, which vet do you use? :wave:

Ok, thanks. I just went to Jackson's in Carterton... simply because it's within walking distance. I'll change if I have any problems or hear anything bad about them!

It's walking distance for me too and who we are registered at!!! :lol: I personally loved Cogges vets in Witney, they were always brilliant with my buns in the past, but like you I don't drive so was always limited to late night appointments in Witney when OH got home from work, or had to rely on my parents being able to come over from Witney to get us. We had a break of 4 years between buns, and now we have children with school hours to contend with, so I plumped for Jacksons for convieniance in case of emergencies, they seem to be held in high regard round here, and always get us in quickly. So far I think they are ok, not entirely impressed the other day but hoping it was a blip. I wasn't there either as I had flu so couldn't challenge them. I'm a bit nervy as we have 2, possibly 3 (if Frankie ever gets strong enough!) spays coming up in a month or so. I have to book them all in for vacs aswell, seemed quite a reasonable price, £33 pounds for both Myxi and VHD. We never seem to be out of the vets since we got the buns in October!

I'll always compare everyone else to Cogges, but then again one of my favourite bunny vets, Donna has left I think, so they may not be the same now. Anyone know if she's still local? :lol: Karen is though and she was ace with my old stasis prone bun. I was slightly gutted when I realised Joe the tv vet doesn't work at Jacksons anymore :lol:

I had a feeling you were in Carterton or Brize when you said you went shopping in Swindon. :D

There's quite a few of us nearby then :wave::wave:

PS Sorry for my rambling post, never met someone on a forum who lived so close before!:lol::oops:

I use meadow hay for my litter trays. When we next go to Alice's, can someone bring me a sample of the hay from the farm in Carterton?

Back