• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So I left Alice at Vets

Lu_x

Mama Doe
Hello All,

I'm so worried about my wee Alice. She's so tiny and such a nervous girl and I found it so difficult to leave her there. I know that she has to have her dental and has to be spayed and its best for her to have her ring removed as its hurting her leg, I just wish this could all be done with a magic wand and without knocking her out when she is so tiny.

Can I ask that you spare some vibes for my dear little Alice today?

Here's a recent pic of my little lady-

IMG_0312.jpg

Lots of vibes for your precious little girlie. When do you get to phone up and ask about her? I'll be working late afternoon but will check this evening to see if there is an update. :wave:

Awwww I feel your pain, I've been on edge all morning about my little doe Pixie, try not to worry, I tried to keep busy getting things ready for her, just had a call to say she is round from the op and can pick her up later, keeping fingers crossed for you for good news, she is going to be feeling really rough by the sounds of it having all done at once but, at least it's done then, she is lovely sending vibes for her xx

Thanks everyone, I can call up at 2pm and check on her but I know I'll be sitting nervously until then. I'll sit with Josie and Velcro when I call and make sure they're the first to know how she is!

Thank you for all the vibes. I'll keep you updated! xx

Thanks everyone, I can call up at 2pm and check on her but I know I'll be sitting nervously until then. I'll sit with Josie and Velcro when I call and make sure they're the first to know how she is!

Thank you for all the vibes. I'll keep you updated! xx

Not long to go now all the best xx

Spenind positive vibes! :love:

Orla goes in for her spay on the 18th.....shes very tiny also & my vet prefers to keep the buns in overnight after an op to monitor gut movement etc....so ive got a whole day & night to worry! :shock:

Aww bless her. I hope she's ok.
She looks so funny and cute in that hat too! :lol: :love:

Hello All,

Well it's been a stressful day! I called at 2pm and was told Alice had got through surgery but was not coming round very well, so needed monitoring until 5pm. I called at 5pm to be told she was in a lot of pain and was not moving or eating.

I then called at 6.30 and have been told I can collect her at 8 but was given no more info. The receptionist just said I'd assume shes eaten, so we shall see at 8pm. I don't think Alice will be very happy though. I've cried so much today just panicing and thinking the worst!

Poor Alice and poor you! :( It might be difficult to keep calm when you are collecting her, but make sure you get as much information as possible. I've no experience of post-neuter buns, but I expect she'll need pain relief home with her. I'm sure you have a good stock of her favourite noms to tempt her. Thinking of you both. xx

Poor Alice and poor you! :( It might be difficult to keep calm when you are collecting her, but make sure you get as much information as possible. I've no experience of post-neuter buns, but I expect she'll need pain relief home with her. I'm sure you have a good stock of her favourite noms to tempt her. Thinking of you both. xx

Yep, I've been to Asda and pretty much bought up their veg and fruit section, so that I have plenty of options to encourage her with. I suspect she'll come back with pain relief. I'm fine with administering meds, I'm just so shaken by how dramatic it all seemed to be. May be I have been lucky with past spays and neuters but my buns have always come round alright and then eaten and behaved pretty normal. But some how I expected ALice to be more delicate and have a rough time with having so much done at once.

Thank you for all the kind words today everyone xx

Alice is now home but not looking to great. Shes been fed on critical care at the vets as she has eaten nothing else and now they have sent her home to see if she'll eat here... answer so far- No she won't eat here! She looks very strange, she keeps swaying a bit and then her eyes close and she looks like she is shivering!

I've put her in the warmest room and I've given her a snuggle safe pad under her blankets, but she won't come out of litter tray and I don't want to move her around. She has not touched anything I have offered.

What do I do for the best?

:cry::cry:

shivering means shes still hurting:cry: one of our buns did this after her spay and the vet said it was due to pain:cry: can you up her pain relief??

Back