• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Bales - S.e. London/kent

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
My usual supplier has not opened since before Xmas :shock: I am out of baled hay and the pet shop hay is not going down well with my bunnies.

Does anyone live in the Kent area that knows of a place that is open and selling bales?

I am travelling to Orpington on Sunday so can go up to that sort of area, if the shop in question is open on a Sunday.

HELP!!

Ooh sorry I just put a link in my other post. :oops: It's near Queen Mary's Hospital.

Oooh that link has their phone number so you could phone them if you need a quick answer.

Oooh that link has their phone number so you could phone them if you need a quick answer.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks!! You have been a great help!! I will ring them and ask whether they are likely to have hay at the weekend, or maybe I go up there before if they wont have any at the weekend!

Last time I was in I said how are you getting on for hay and they said 'fine, we're importing it from Spain now' so they seem to be ok for hay. I did wonder about the quality if it's imported but it seems fine. Mine are still eating it as usual and their poos are quite golden.

Last time I was in I said how are you getting on for hay and they said 'fine, we're importing it from Spain now' so they seem to be ok for hay. I did wonder about the quality if it's imported but it seems fine. Mine are still eating it as usual and their poos are quite golden.

Thanks - am getting a bit desperate now as the bunnie are not eating much hay at the mo due to the poor quality hay I have... and Twinkle is on a hay only diet!

Also worth googling equestrian/farm supplies in your area. They'll be sure to have some. You might have to pay £6+ a bale but I'd be surprised if they couldn't let you have a bale or two :wave: It's even worth stopping at any places you see horses (& people about) to see if you could buy an odd bale from someone :D

Fluffiebunnie, I asked today and they do still have bales in stock. :thumb:

(No Burns stuff sadly. She said she could order it in for me but they don't really stock it as a general rule :( )

Prettylupin has sent me a box of lovely hay :love::love::love:

THANK YOU SO MUCH PL XXX

I am going to try Glovers Farm tomorrow and if none there I will try the one in Chislehurst on Sunday when I go to my parents in Orpington!!

And hopefully by the time I need some more my usual hay shop will have recovered from their new year's eve party :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back