• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan - annual dental check?

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all,

Both my two are insured with Petplan and I was just looking through my documents and it mentions the annual dental check. Is this covered by their general check up when they go for their vaccs and get checked over?

Thanks in advance :)

When mine have their vacc's I ensure they have a dental check too, this should be recorded in their notes then you should be ok.

I have to say this is to the best of my knowledge, thankfully, I haven't had to make any detal claims as yet.

Make sure the vet records on their computer that a dental check has been done. If you have to put in a claim the vet will need to say whether they have had a dental check in the last 12 months or not. Some vets might look at your record and see the vaccinations and say "yes, a check must have been done". Others might not be willing to do that so you should get it recorded.

Back