PDA

View Full Version : Poor bunny has been in this pet shop for at least 6 weeks now :(

GrahamL
06-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Sorry for rubbish quality pictures, i used my phone.

Went in to get my usual hay supply as i was running low and i always take a quick look.

This guy doesn't ever seem to be looked at and when in there the other day, people were saying comments such as;

"Looks like your brothers dog rather than a rabbit!"

"OMG, its got almost as much hair on its face as your mum"

Not a single nice comment, the poor little guy.

He's really scruffy and has some matted fur and muesli food, but had lots of hay and a hidey hole and clean water, so i guess thats something and the 'cage' he's in isn't tiny, but isn't huge, he's not very big himself.

He just stood out to me, over the lops and dutches in there so i went and gave him some attention, every other bun was getting loads of attention and cuddles and strokes by the public, but not this poor little fella.

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/GrahamL_Photos/Random/IMG00324-20110103-1111.jpg

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/GrahamL_Photos/Random/IMG00323-20110103-1110.jpg

prettylupin
06-01-2011, 09:16 AM
:cry: What a miserable life.

chul
06-01-2011, 09:18 AM
:love: I want him!! He's lovely!

Elena
06-01-2011, 09:22 AM
That's how I ended up with Smudge :oops::cry:

Tuckerbunnies
06-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Oh I'm nearly in tears looking at him as he look's so sad and he is absolutely gorgeous. He will look scruffy if they are not brushing him. Poor bunny :(

Leigh
06-01-2011, 09:39 AM
so sad :(

fancy a 3rd bunny?!

GrahamL
06-01-2011, 09:42 AM
so sad :(

fancy a 3rd bunny?!

please :(

If i could take on more i would, but i just can't, both financial and space reasons along with not wanting to upset B&G.

Tuckerbunnies - i go in once a week, even if i dont need anything, just to go and give him a stroke and a bit of attention, mainly to see if he's 'okay' as in basic health. If he wasn't, i'd report them in an instant.

I can see him never being given a home :(

chul
06-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Post him to me please! :(

jackfinn
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
i feel so sad now:(. i really hope the people who work there give him some fuss at closing time:(

MissMinnie
06-01-2011, 11:59 AM
I hope he gets the right home as that coat looks like it needs regular grooming. Poor little mite.

Sky-O
06-01-2011, 12:00 PM

If i could take on more i would, but i just can't, both financial and space reasons along with not wanting to upset B&G.

Tuckerbunnies - i go in once a week, even if i dont need anything, just to go and give him a stroke and a bit of attention, mainly to see if he's 'okay' as in basic health. If he wasn't, i'd report them in an instant.

Your third bunny is still here, so don't get any other ideas and cheat on my bunny. kthnxbai.

Fluffers
06-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Poor little fella :cry: Is that a sore on his front leg Graham or something stuck to him? The left one as you look at the first pic.

GrahamL
06-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Poor little fella :cry: Is that a sore on his front leg Graham or something stuck to him? The left one as you look at the first pic.

It was a piece of poop he'd sat on.

I took it off when i gave him a snuggle :oops:

GrahamL
06-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Your third bunny is still here, so don't get any other ideas and cheat on my bunny. kthnxbai.

:lol:

You know i'd take Butterfly in a second Sky, i really would!

I just felt sorry for said bun.

That said, go get me some pics of my buns you have :p

Fluffers
06-01-2011, 12:04 PM
It was a piece of poop he'd sat on.

I took it off when i gave him a snuggle :oops:

Awww bless you :) I feel so sorry for him :cry:

Sky-O
06-01-2011, 12:15 PM
:lol:

You know i'd take Butterfly in a second Sky, i really would!

I just felt sorry for said bun.

That said, go get me some pics of my buns you have :p

:wave: I think really you need Hay Monster!

chul
06-01-2011, 12:16 PM
This is making me want another bun :evil: naughty!

GrahamL
06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
:wave: I think really you need Hay Monster!

Go get me new pics and i'll choose my favourite ;)

helgalush
06-01-2011, 01:44 PM
So sad - he looks sad too....but he is beautiful :love:

leanne2525
06-01-2011, 02:04 PM
he looks sad, i went in my garden centre today and they had french lops in tiny glass tanks and a adult dutch thats been there a while and is not friendly it throws its self at you which they have now put in with a baby dutch thats around 8-10 weeks old the poor baby was in corner shaking and covered in wee were older one had been beating him up and spraying it :(

Gemmapookie
06-01-2011, 02:08 PM
This is how I ended up with Max Gray. For 6 months I saw him everytime I went in, alone in a tiny cage. Noone paid any attention to him coz there was always cute littpe babies around :( And he was deemed aggressive so i couldnt see a light at the end of the tunnel for him. Eventually my resolve not to get another bunny cracked :oops: Never looked back since, hes the light of my life :D:love:
(hint hint!!)

GrahamL
06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
This is how I ended up with Max Gray. For 6 months I saw him everytime I went in, alone in a tiny cage. Noone paid any attention to him coz there was always cute littpe babies around :( And he was deemed aggressive so i couldnt see a light at the end of the tunnel for him. Eventually my resolve not to get another bunny cracked :oops: Never looked back since, hes the light of my life :D:love:
(hint hint!!)

i couldn't Gemma. I don't have the accomodation/money right now.

I've already got my eye on another bunny for the future if he is still available one day *sigh*

Just felt sorry for this one. :(

Grin
06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Awww - he's gorgeous and looks soo sad. :cry:

bunnybobby
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM
ohhh.... I'd go get him if I was closer. Thing is.... just encourages more buying by shops. There seems to be some good people around checking on him so please keep up the good work.

happysaz133
06-01-2011, 02:32 PM
He's gorgeous, you would have thought being the typical cute fluffy bunny that he would have been snapped up long before now!

Biscuit's Mum!
06-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I can't believe that anyone is saying anything other than commenting on how gorgeous he is (although the your mumma hairy face joke was a little bit funny :oops:).

Poor neglected little man :(

Tuckerbunnies
06-01-2011, 03:08 PM

It's good you are going in the pet shop to make sure he's ok, let's hope somebody will see what we all see in him/her and give him/her a forever home. :cry:

CinnamonAndNutmeg!
06-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Poor thing...:cry:

beckie20
06-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Oh Lordy, I'm a sucker for a sob story :(

Good job I've never even heard of Burnahm-on-sea!

Kittykat23uk
06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
poor bun! He's gorgeous. :love::love: Shame Widget is the jealous type.

H Maughan
06-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Aw this is how I got my Dillan. He was in the local petshop ages because he'd grown out of being a baby. They'd lowered his price by the time I got him. I was at uni at the time and was craving bunny company as I had to leave my bonded pairs at home, I just felt so sorry for him and wanted him to have a good start. Who knows where he'd be if I hadn't have got him.

I'm very glad I bought him though and just think it was meant to be.

Helen xx

weeble
06-01-2011, 08:05 PM
He looks like JessicaRabbits buns :love: this is why I dont go into pet shops

donnamt
06-01-2011, 08:10 PM
hes so gorgeous... hope someone makes those sad eyes smile soon :cry:

Lagophile
06-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Oh I'm nearly in tears looking at him as he look's so sad and he is absolutely gorgeous. He will look scruffy if they are not brushing him. Poor bunny :(

I feel the same. He is absolutely beautiful. I simply can't understand why other people wouldn't feel the same. I'd have him in an instant if I could. Poor wee mite.

shadow05
06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
if it was a girl id might be able to pull some strings with my mom depending on where it is

emmiiee
06-01-2011, 08:23 PM
ooohh noo! wish i didnt open this!!!! its only like 40mins away from me! but I have no room :(

Leeds Wolfette
06-01-2011, 08:24 PM
aww hes gorgeous!!!

shadow05
06-01-2011, 08:44 PM
been looking for a girl bunny for my male despite my mom telling me no but i think he shud have a girlfriend not right for him to be alone. i know ive still got yet to get him done but i can still look.

ebonys mum
08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
i think i saw this bunny today is the pet shop part of a garden centre ?

Liz47
08-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh, poor bunny :( I think he is gorgeous! That's how I got Beano, just couldn't leave her there. My garden centre doesn't sell rabbits anymore as nobody was buying them, they got a couple of giants in and they were there for months :( I saw a beautiful dutch boy who would always come binkying up to the side of his pen to see me, I used to love stroking him and watching him. I really wish I could've got him but had no where to keep him and couldn't afford to get him neutered or anything. I still think about him and really hope he's in a good home now.

lilbexi
08-01-2011, 11:28 PM
the poor little bun is beautiful!! :( The little darling deserves better!

one of the family
09-01-2011, 01:00 AM
We have just taken an extra bun today who has been in the 'rescue' side of a large pet store for the last three months and has been looking more and more depressed each time I saw him.

Tonight he's been sat on my lap watching TV. Our other four don't know he's here yet... ssshhh....:lol::lol::lol:

If someone wants to give a home to the poor little bun Graham has seen, I'd be happy to help in a bunny run! We live in South Wales but can easy get to M4 or M5 etc!!

Ruth x :wave:

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
09-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Aww poor thing. :cry: That's how I ended up with Jasper. :oops: He had been in the pet shop in a tiny cage for over 3 months, no one wanted him because he was an adult. :cry: I just couldn't leave him. :( Best decision I could have made when considering a pet shop bun though :love:

ebonys mum
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
was this bun in garden world ? if not i saw one very simular

Liz47
09-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I feel so sorry for him. He is so cute I can't understand why people don't want him. I wish I was nearer :(