• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Hutch Flooring Cover

gareth_mattey

Warren Scout
Hi,

I recently purchased a hutch from pets at home (its not the best quality to be honest).

Anyway this is my first rabbit, my friends sister didnt look after him so i decided to give him a better home (hopefully).

Well anyway the floor of the hutch is wooden and he keeps scraping and banging his feet on the wood and it makes a really loud noise. He's kept indoors, so was wondering if theres anything i can put on the floor like cloth to stop the noise so much? any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

:wave: Well done taking on this bun.
Stick around RU & you'll get plenty of tips & handy hints.
As for floor covers - I'd try carpet off cuts or foam squares, or fleece blankets with towels then newspaper underneath if the bun is not a chewer.
Some people on here use old duvets for a nice soft floor cover.
If you do a search on here of indoor set ups you may get some good ideas from peoples pics.
I'd check your bun's hocks & front foot pads to make sure they have a good fur covering & no bald spots as you mentioned the bun had not been so well cared for prior to coming to you. Sometimes rabbits can develop sore hocks (for a variety of reasons) so its worth checking.
Hope you are enjoying being a new bunny parent. :)

Back