• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsie - my very first rabbit (Warning: embarrassing photos of me as a kid)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I got Lopsie on the 18th June 1996 just before my 11th birthday. He was my first pet and I loved him sooooo much. I didn't have fancy digital cameras back then so most of the pictures I have of him and all the early ones were real life photos. Not like these fancy digital ones we have now. :lol:

Well I've been planning on scanning them all in when I got back to my parents and here they are. My first love, the very special Lopsie, aka Smell Bum and the reason I coined the word NAGAL - Not as gorgeous as Lopsie, which applied to pretty much everything at the time. :love:

He was found on the side of a busy road by my mum's friend who persuaded my mum (after six years of me begging for a rabbit) that she should adopt him for me. :) We had eight years together before he became very ill.

The very first picture of us.

LopsieMeFirstphotoJun96.jpg

Lopsie and me in my school uniform.

LopsieMeSchoolUniform.jpg

Asking to go inside.

Lopsieaskingtogoinside.jpg

Inside. :)

Lopsieinthehouse.jpg

Lopsieball.jpg

These baby trees are now bigger than the house.

Lopsiebythebabytrees.jpg

One of his favourite places to sit.

Lopsiebythebutterflybush.jpg

Lopsiebytheshed.jpg

Lopsiecloseupprofile.jpg

Lopsiecloseup.jpg

Here he's contemplating humping my arm. :lol:

Lopsiecontemplatinghumpingmyarm.jpg

In 'the bushes' the most bunny fun spot in our garden.

Lopsieinthebushes.jpg

In the snow.

Lopsieinthesnow.jpg

Lopsielyingbythecorner.jpg

Last edited:
Lopsielyingonthegrass.jpg

Lopsielyingonthepatio.jpg

Lopsieonthegrass.jpg

Lopsieontheslopeatnight.jpg

An awful picture of me but this was one of our games. :)

Lopsieplayingwithmeandtheorangefeatherpen.jpg

Lopsiesittinginthedip.jpg

Lopsiesmellingchairs.jpg

Lopsiesmellingthewall.jpg

Lopsieunderstuff.jpg

Lopsieunderthefushia.jpg

And a picture of his grave I took today.

DSC03643.jpg

I still miss my bubba.

Three of the few digital photos of him as an old boy.

Lopsie1.jpg

Lopsie2.jpg

Lopsie3.jpg

And my very favourite photo. :love:

Lopsie-smellbum.jpg

Love you loads Lopsie. :love: :love: :love:

It is BEYOND lovely that you had all of these pics. I regret all the time not having nearly any pics of my first bun :(
Lopsie looked to be the sweetest little bun. He was luck to have you and your family in his life :D

P.S- Your hair :shock: The colour is LOVELY :D And look at those curls!!

Last edited:
It is BEYOND lovely that you had all of these pics. I regret all the time not having nearly any pics of my first bun :(
Lopsie looked to be the sweetest little bun. He was luck to have you and your family in his life :D

Thank you. :oops:
My hair's not quite as vibrant or curly any more. :)

Awww he is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:
I can see why you miss him. :( :love:
What a handsome lad.

What a cutie. I especially like the one of him sitting in front of the baby trees. :love: I wish I had more pics of my first bun, I have a whole one, I don't think we had a camera then.

I second this comment, it is gorgeous :D

what a lovely tribute to your gorgeous bunny. how lovely to have those photos and still all those wonderful memories. he sure was a stunning bunny.xx

You often see old pics where the buns look like they never had much space to run about, but your baby looks like he had a HUGE garden to have fun in.
He certainly was a cutie, landed on all four paws when your mums pal found him :)

You often see old pics where the buns look like they never had much space to run about, but your baby looks like he had a HUGE garden to have fun in.
He certainly was a cutie, landed on all four paws when your mums pal found him :)

He did have a small hutch in comparison to what I have now. It was about four or five foot. I still have it in the garage. But all the hutches in pet shops were so small I had that one specially built for him because I couldn't put him in the tiny one he came to me in. I remember it cost me £50 and my mum helped me buy the run because she didn't want me to spend all my money on them. He didn't use it much as we just used to let him free range. That was until a fox chased him into his hutch. I happened to hear the bang as he flew into the hutch and then a second one so I ran out the door to see the fox jump out of his hutch. He was so scared he wouldn't stop shaking and he had tiny little teeth marks on his back. I remember saying I didn't want to take him to the vets as he was so stressed already, so I cleaned the scratches with salt water. He was still shaking and wouldn't eat anything, even treats, so I offered him some chocolate and he snapped out of it and was fine. :lol:

After that he was always supervised and I used to sit out with him in all weathers. I remember doing revision for my exams in gale force winds with a bunny jumping on my text book. I had to give it back to school with muddy paw prints in. :love:

Back