• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changing food.. How?

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
:wave:I want to change Bugsys food but not sure what too reading on here ive read science selective or burgees? How do i do it.. do i start off by mixing a few of his norma p@h pellets with the new pellets and add more of the new pellets and less of the p@h pellets every day until eventually its just the new pellets? lol sorry rambling on there:roll:..
Oo and what do you all feed your buns? what make? Thankyooou

Mine have always had a mixture of the most appropriate burgess, whether for older buns, the lighter version etc. or science dried food, with hay, a free reign on the garden almost everyday for grass and some fresh vegs. Fingers crossed I've never had a rabbit with any probs which has involved overgrown teeth but I'm not sure if that's becuase of the breed (rex) also.

When I've changed between pellets before, I've always done as you've suggested and mix them in together.

Mine have always had a mixture of the most appropriate burgess, whether for older buns, the lighter version etc. or science dried food, with hay, a free reign on the garden almost everyday for grass and some fresh vegs. Fingers crossed I've never had a rabbit with any probs which has involved overgrown teeth but I'm not sure if that's becuase of the breed (rex) also.

When I've changed between pellets before, I've always done as you've suggested and mix them in together.

Thanks will do that then:D

Back