• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possibly taking in a stray. u/d post 9 going to bb

Ohh flippin' 'eck!

My facebook status was about "hoping i get a vet appointment tomorrow as dolly needs her teefs doing me thinks."

Anyway, an RUer commented, we had a chat and then a vet nurse from the practice i go to commented "Again, she was only done a couple of months ago. We have a stray in if you want it?". Well what am i supposed to do?

Of course im going to take it, im trying persuade **** to ask *** if she will be charitable and neuter it before letting it leave as well as possibly vaccinating it and giving it a clean bill of health. :lol: If you dont ask, you dont get.

Anyway, ill probably have to pay for it then have an adoption fee to cover the cost. Just wondering if any rescues would be able to help out with finding a home? I havent got much info on him/her yet. But we'll see.

**** said something about contacting SARA, but they only take dogs and cats and they reccomend Bunny Burrows. If bun bun does come to me, then ill probably contact them anyway.

Last edited:
I plan on keeping it outside as the only rabbit friendly place in the house is my room. I cant risk M&Ds health or them fighting.

Im waiting to hear from **** in the morning and if its still there then ill find a way of attaching the run to the hutch. Are cat flaps easy to fit with a rusty old saw? :lol:

I really hope its still there, or ill be worrying where it will end up. Nina knows im responsible, but shes never seen my set up. It just worries me that theyd give it to anyone, i really hope this isnt the case if it has gone.

ETA: I actually have no idea how to fit a cat flap, what i need or anything :oops: Advice? :p

I'd be wary about taking it. You might end up looking after him for a very long time if you can't find him a home. This time of year is quite slow for rehomes. Seeing as you had to get rid of Clarance (not a criticism, just an observation :)) maybe you should think twice about taking on the responsibility of this new bun.

I'd be wary about taking it. You might end up looking after him for a very long time if you can't find him a home. This time of year is quite slow for rehomes. Seeing as you had to get rid of Clarance (not a criticism, just an observation :)) maybe you should think twice about taking on the responsibility of this new bun.

I had thought about that. But Clarence wasnt mine, my dad bought him for my brother, stupidly. I went on and on about the importance of vaccination and that i didnt have the time, space or money to look after him and that it was his responsibility.

Hes done the same thing with the pupppy he brought home a few months ago. Hes pulling his hair out with it and everything has been left to me and mum :evil:

Anyway, my buns are now indoors and their old hutch is out there, i just need to attach the run. I now have the space time and money for another bun. If i didnt, i wouldnt have considered it.

Im planning on a shed with attached run for when M&D go back outside in summer. I had thought about a 3rd bun recently, and depending on its personality, it may end up staying.

update

Morning!! :)

I called the vets this morning as i need an appointment for Dolly and at the same time asked how the bun was doing. I was concerned about what would happen to it if i didnt take it, as the nurse said to me yesterday, you can have it if you want it :? ... she doesnt really know me that well, i was worried it would be given to any client who happened to show an interest. But surely they arent allowed to do that?

Anyway, i asked her what they would do if they didnt find anyone to take it, would it be pts? She said it will be going to bunny burrows. So im happy to let it go knowing that nothing bad will happen to it. Its in a safe place afterall :D

Back