• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pip hates my dad :|

Livi

Alpha Buck
Right...anyone experienced this before :roll:

Pip is mega friendly, loves a fuss n treat....BUT even back when we first got her and my Dad's hand was even near her she would run at him n growl!

So he doesnt have much to do with the rabbits, he will come n see Rusty when I have him out n am cuddling him, but never really sees much of Pip as she isnt so much of a cuddle bun...

This evening after giving her drops onto her tongue, me and my mum were feeding her excel applesnacks n I was saying how gentle she is....:oops: so then my Dad comes in, I gave him a snack to give her....so he put his hand out for her to see with the snack...

First she turned her back to him, then looked back round at him...and then ran up kinda boxing and growling at him :shock:

Its so funny, well to a degree, my poor Dad :cry::lol: he would never ever harm any animal, and would quite like to fuss Pip, but the reaction she has to him just scares us all, and he cant see any point in trying to persevere as she clearly feels very strongly about him!

Our vet is male, the assistant is male so it cant be men....plus he wasnt actually talking at the time (so no deep voice etc to possibly scare her!)...she just really hates my dad.......

Anyone else experienced this?!

your poor dad

It's horrible for him. Not being funny, but does he smell of something unusual - work clothes or something? Has Pip come froman abusive background? Sometimes buns just take against someone. Our first rabbit took against a friend of ours, but he saved dandelions for her from the garden and she began to associate him with those. It took a while, but she stopped being 'rude' and settled down eventually. Good luck.

No, thats the thing we cant figure out :roll:

He works in an office, or at his curtain workroom so no strange smells or chemicals....

We got Pip as a baby bun from P@H at approx 12 weeks, and she has always been fine with strangers etc. Obviously we dont know for sure, but it just seems so odd!

Unless maybe when he first met her he startled her - without intention, and she has always remembered that?! I just cant figure it out...

My Dad is always the one who helps me with bunny projects, hutch building, and will be the one who will help me with my shed project if/when it goes ahead (he is helping me convince my mum!) - so I feel so gutted he cant even get the chance to see how rewarding buns are, especially little Pip who is such a character!

I dont think he is overly bothered - but while the buns are mine n my sisters, it seems a shame that our 'family pet' has taken such a dislike to him :lol:

I remember my nethie when I was little having an irrational loathing of my father and would bite him if he tried to get anywhere near him. But if you knew my dad you'd know Thumper was an excellent judge of character. :lol:

bisc and matt disliked one of my brothers.. i think because he smelled of engine oil all the time... maybe your dad smells funny.. :shock::lol:

Back