• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House rabbits - Is your whole house fully bunny proof?

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
I'd love for my bunnies to fully free range around the house, they currently have a large room to themselves which is sectioned off with meshed childgates. I don't know how i'd ever make the whole house safe... with wires etc... I know you can put them in tubes and stuff, but the ones we have at my parents house (while I'm back for Xmas), they bit through within seconds (infact the tubing actually attracts them to the cables even more). So what do you do with your wires and stuff? They don't tend to go for the furniture here, so the wires are the only problem really... and squeezable bits in the kitchen would need looking at.

Louie only really likes eating wires so we have an attractive metal pen round the telly in the back room and the fridge freezer in the kitchen. The front room has far too many wires so he is only allowed in there when he can be constantly watched!

The hall, the stairs and landing and the bathroom are fine, we have just covered the wires in the hall with conduit and he doesn't bother with them. The bedroom doors are always closed to stop the cat going in so he can't go in them either!

I have two rooms bunny proofed (plus the landing which is kinda bunny proofed). I find the cable things are either too thin and they chew through or too thick and fiddly to put on. So I tend to use thinner cable stuff and NIC panels as well.

Last edited:
I only have the bunny room bunny proofed as Luna is the Ultimate chewer so we can't have any wires, even with contstant supervision.
couldn't imagine doing the whole house :shock:

my bedroom is, but no other rooms have wires protected, guess what mabel did to my nans christmas lights :oops: chewed through them, we didn;t realise, and when they came to turn them on at night nan was shouting at grandad saying why have you turned them off :oops: :lol:

I'm stuck with what to do with the cables in the bedroom, they're just a mess and everywhere :/ in a massive extension plug thingy :lol: I wanna make them safe so we're able to actually watch the tv etc, when the bunnies are upstairs.

I use the box type trunking from B n Q to keep all the wires out of the way. If you are using extension plug sockets you'll have to mount them on the wall out of bunny reach. Wish there was something to protect carpet from chewy buns :(

Back