• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was abit worried bout my alfie

kirst25

Alpha Buck
Came home and normally when I go to feed the buns they are jumping over each other with excitement but today Alfie wasn't bothered and I coaxed him with carrot which he ate but he hasn't eaten any hay yet or pellets and he seems quiet but will keep an eye on him

maybe a check up at the vets wont hurt :) just incase he is getting somthing better to catch the first signs :) i hope he is feeling better soon, make sure he keeps eating its important he keeps his gut moving, lots of vibes that he is not poorly :wave:

Ok I'm hoping he is just sleepy because he is responsive and letting me stroke him for a change and isn't running away from me,he just keeps chilling out and cleaning himself

o bless him maybe he has a bad belly if he is stretching out alot, but obviously im not a vet, i just know what my bun was like with stasis :)

He's normally excited when he hears the bag of pellets but nothing today,atleast he has eaten some carrot but will watch him,what else can I do now?

Do you have anything else that might tempt him? Greens or favourite herbs? Bunnies can go downhill really quickly if they have gut stasis (Spenser had it back in September). If he continues to be off his food I would get him seen by a vet as soon as possible, especially if his tummy feels hard.

This is gonna seem a stupid question but his stomach is where I think it is and not right near his throat?:) if his stomach is closer to his bottom then it's not hard but he won't really let me feel

do you have gripe water or infacol? seems alot of bunnies are going off their food this week (Holly included) :( the gripe water and being chased about will help with gas.. if he dont pick up tho he will probably need the vets for some pain relief and fluids..

loads of vibes xxxx

lots of vibes - duke wasnt too fussed about his pellets tonight either but hes been moving about ok and munching hay - will watch him closely for the next 24 hours.

It's really stressing me out,no I dint have neither of those things but he is cleaning himself and moving about when I make him,never gone through this before so don't know what I'm doing but he isn't bothered about me going near him which is a first because he's never been one for contact with me

lots of vibes - duke wasnt too fussed about his pellets tonight either but hes been moving about ok and munching hay - will watch him closely for the next 24 hours.

Well I put hay infront of alfie and he literally shoved it away with his paws

It's really stressing me out,no I dint have neither of those things but he is cleaning himself and moving about when I make him,never gone through this before so don't know what I'm doing but he isn't bothered about me going near him which is a first because he's never been one for contact with me

i think if your concerned it may be worth just giving the vet a call just going through syptoms maybe he/she can advise somthing, when casper stops eating due to his stasis (he went to the vets and had meds too) he usally like his pellets with warm water mushed up ad if you dont have any recovery food you can syringe feed him it if he stops eating. his belly as in his tummy when you feel it, it should not feel hard or tense, has he stopped eating? if so i think it may be worth just giving the vets a ring they may be able to just give you something to help him have a comfortable night?

i think if your concerned it may be worth just giving the vet a call just going through syptoms maybe he/she can advise somthing, when casper stops eating due to his stasis he usally like his pellets with warm water mushed up ad if you dont have any recovery food you can syringe feed him it if he stops eating. his belly as in his tummy when you feel it, it should not feel hard or tense, has he stopped eating? if so i think it may be worth just giving the vets a ring they may be able to just give you something to help him have a comfortable night?

i wouldnt syringe feed any food until a blockage is ruled out by a vet first or that could kill a bunny :cry:

Well I put hay infront of alfie and he literally shoved it away with his paws

hmmm - watch him as much as you can (maybe even get up in the night to check on him) and then ring the vets in the morning if he rejects his breakfast - keep trying to tempt him with yummy foods this evening but nothing which might cause gas etc

if you do get up in the night you could try some pellets then too and just see if he will take them

fingers/paws crossed

Back