• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

German lops - who has one?

we have 2 they are quite a big breed and strong but very soppy :love:
not many people like them as they are either too big or too small they are sort of in between so people dont like them for that reason :? but i love them they are cheeky and fun breed to own actually they my daughters not mine we hae had many over the years and i think it will be a breed we will have around for a few years to come :love:
here are a few we have owned and own
ella
bunnygarden005.jpg

heather
bunnygarden009.jpg

patrick
bunnygarden022.jpg

bunnygarden010.jpg

bunnygarden018.jpg

marley and chowder
bunnygarden042.jpg

bunnygarden043.jpg

bunnygarden045.jpg

bunnygarden044.jpg

bunnygarden017.jpg

bunnygarden021.jpg

bunnygarden023.jpg

bunnygarden041.jpg

Last edited:
we had a grey and white butterfly called pippa but we called her pooh bear :love: as she was like a little teddy bear:love: she was a rescue and we had her from 2yo ish till nearly 7yo...when her kidneys shut down:cry:
she was the best house bun ever:love: never ate anything she shouldnt have ...food or furniture ...and did the most amazing binkies ever:love:

I think mine might be german lops? They weigh 6lbs x
495.jpg

494.jpg

014-7.jpg

010-12.jpg

032-2.jpg

rabbits056.jpg

They are sisters and are named sugar and spice ,the photos are from a while back when they were about five months ,i also have my rex charlie and my british giants snowy and pepper:love:

i only have teeny buns and i've never really thought about having a particular breed - until i saw a german lop in a garden centre last year. he had been 'reduced' to £10 to get rid of old stock and i just fell in love with him. one day i hope to be a bun mum to one of these gorgeous buns so i'm following your thread to see pics of them:love:

Max is a German Lop:
SDC14304.jpg

SDC14223.jpg

SDC14167.jpg

He's 3.45kg, and a Mister Grumpy. He has poor eyesight so regularly scans. No different requirement to my other bunnies. :wave:

He's my handsome big boy! :D :love::love::love:

I think my first 3 rabbits were German lops (when I was 3). I can't think what else they could be because they were lops and bigger than a (US) mini lop (which is about 5 pounds). I think they were probably about.. 7 pounds? They were great rabbits. 3 unspayed girls that got along, very friendly and hardy. I'd love another German lop one day.

Back