• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny feets.......

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I have a question.... I have noticed from pics that somebuns have yellow feet..... why is this? None of my indoor or outdoor buns have had yellow feet, they are more kinds white really, or fur colour (or brown when they have dug in the mud!!).

angel & Buffy get yellow feets because they like to dig up their hay & make a puddle & sit in it :shock:, I try & wash their feets with the grooming wipes & stuff but they still get a bit yellow :(, they are such mingers of buns :lol:, not lady like at all

Bunskis feet have a slight yellow tinge,yet everything he uses is clean!! :roll:

Some buns have a secret smoking habit, the nicotine on their feet give it away! :lol:

I think Orla is on 10 a day, hopefully going to get her onto the menthol. ;)

My Izzy had yellow feet (white bunny) because he always peed and then just stood there while pee puddled around his feet..

My Izzy had yellow feet (white bunny) because he always peed and then just stood there while pee puddled around his feet..

yeah thats what buffy & angel do ..

but then if I kneel down to check on them they like to flick it at me :roll:

Pie had really yellow feet when we got her as she came from a stinky hutch. I had a sneaky ruffle of their straw and it was damp and fully of poo :( They're completely white now but its taken a while for the colour to go. Indy has only had one case of slightly yellow feets when he pee'd in his favourite snoozing corner... he's never done it again and spent ages cleaning himself after :lol:

My two use their tray, and have a very clean hutch but even so...

Rustys feet generally stay quite clean, he grooms himself a lot...and has shorter fur, spends less time sat IN tray....whereas Pip has longish fur, does wash just as much bit spends a lot of time sat IN the litter tray :roll:

I think it is because they have a hay filled tray!

Oh! Interesting! So somebuns its because they sit in their pee (clever! :roll:) and others smoke.... :lol: It always confused me, as the only buns I ever saw in real life with yellow feets were in a terribly dirty wet hutch at the time. I didnt think anyone on here would have their buns in homes like that! Hence the confusion! Thats for clearing that up!

Ps, Rimmi had yellow paws when I got him :( But he came from a breeder... and was bedded on wet sawdust... I guess the wet might have been wee :(

Mine like to sit in their litter trays too, even though its cleaned daily, they love sleeping there, so do seem to get dirty feet. It always looks bad! But I promise you, its not as bad as the ones you tend to see on Gumtree or the likes :(

Yeah, my Daisy used to have feet white as snow, but she was an awful groomer and had a tendency to sit/sleep in her litter. Soon enough they turned yellow :lol: I suppose this could be reduced with more than once daily cleaning, and perhaps different litter? But as long as the buns are clean and healthy, yellow feetsies aren't a problem :D

It's a stain rather than actual dirt so they only have to do it once and they are stuck yellowy until they moult.

2 of my bunnies have urine problems - if they get stained it seems to stay and then their partners get it as well :(

Back