• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns going back outside - 2nd March

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
:wave: Hope you all had a fab New Year!

So Im wondering when everyone else puts their buns back outside after the winter?
Rodge & Orla have been in an unheated conservatory over the cold snap, however our new pup arrives in March which will no doubt stress buns out! So im hoping that March will be warm enough & that the temp difference from the conservatory to outside wont be too much of a difference!

I've read a few times that Mid April tends to be when quite a few people have mentioned they'll be letting them out and about again :wave:

Happy New Year Jenny!

Happy New Year to you too!

Im thinking that theyll be fine, March might seem a bit early but im sure we will be over the worst of the weather by then! Fingers crossed!

The first night they go out ill be so worried though! :(

Unheated conservatories don't get very warm at all, so I'd imagine your rabbits have got a good winter coat anyway, so they'll probably be fine :wave:

End of feb begining or march I'll be opening the conservatory doors during the day so fingers crossed they can go back outside around the middle of march, the temp difference between an unheated conservatory and outdoors can't be that big can it?

Unheated conservatories don't get very warm at all, so I'd imagine your rabbits have got a good winter coat anyway, so they'll probably be fine

My thoughts exactly, at some points there was ice on the INSIDE of the windows! :shock: The cold hasnt phased them at all, both still slept on the freezing wooden floor no matter how cosy I made their bedding area! :roll:

My thoughts exactly, at some points there was ice on the INSIDE of the windows! :shock: The cold hasnt phased them at all, both still slept on the freezing wooden floor no matter how cosy I made their bedding area! :roll:

They've not learnt the whole "we live indoors, if we get cold it must be cold, lets go sleep on the floor under the radiator"

Thats B&G's theory anyway this winter :lol:

we live indoors, if we get cold it must be cold, lets go sleep on the floor under the radiator"

:lol: At dinner time they get fed in the heated dining room & Orla like her bowl next to the radiator so she can have her bum against it! :lol: A rare wee treat!

Back