• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I keep running out of newspaper!

mattyp

Warren Veteran
My rabbits are little wee monsters! Marvin seems to pee bucket loads so their bedding is changed every single day, which has usually soaked through a whole newspaper (and i'm talking some broadsheet guardian newspaper here!). I cannot seem to deep the supply of newspaper up with their need to urinate! Does anyone have any ideas to either get loads of newspaper or an alternative wee soaker-upper?

Much thanks!

My rabbits are little wee monsters! Marvin seems to pee bucket loads so their bedding is changed every single day, which has usually soaked through a whole newspaper (and i'm talking some broadsheet guardian newspaper here!). I cannot seem to deep the supply of newspaper up with their need to urinate! Does anyone have any ideas to either get loads of newspaper or an alternative wee soaker-upper?

Much thanks!

Newspaper then Megazorb then hay :)

But im not one to talk.... :lol:

I use wood based cat litter under the newspaper. I change the paper everyday and the cat litter once a week.

Do your buns eat the newspaper?
Have just put my bun on paper after his neutering and he's busy shredding and eating it. :roll: Do you think it'll harm him?
He ate the Carefresh too...that's why he's on paper now...

I have colleagues at work that are regular suppliers to me, and the neighbours help out when I put word out that supplies are low.
You can always raid the local newspaper collection point if desperate!

I use lots too. I have 3 friends who bring me all of their papers whenever I see them :D I have no other solutions - just ask friends & neighbours if they will save them for you :wave:

I stick a puppy pad under the newspaper. Honey is very good and only tends to use her litter tray, however I think sometimes she misses. I have a base layer of puppy pads which have a waterproof backing, then newspaper over the top. I tend to use a whole newspaper and then peel off layers as they get used.

Honey will shred the newspaper sometimes, but as it covers the puppy pad she has never chewed this.

Ask friends, family and neighbours you could also try your local newsagent for old/unsold newspapers?

My nan keeps me in supply... she reads around 4/5 newspapers a day :shock: :lol:

We never get free newspapers any more, it's most annoying:?

i steal the ones from my in laws building, its a building with lots of nice flats in and the bottom of the stairs is always covered with free newspapers. Normally one for each flat. I tend to leave a couple but take the rest :lol: :oops:

JCB gets through plenty of newspaper :lol:

Back