• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance Poll

Do you have bunny insurance?

• Yes, with petplan

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Yes, with other (please state below)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No, I pay with earnings/ other sources when needed

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • No, I have a bunny vet fund saved up

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

nessar

Warren Veteran
:wave:Could you please indicate what you have or dont have in the way of insurance for bunnies?

Could you also if possible please say your excess and insurance provider if you are insured and your monthly premium per rabbit?

If you are not insured could you indicate why

Trying to decide whether to go for it or not :)

I have my four insured with PP. It costs £35 per month, with a £50 excess. Blackie has exclusions for dental issues and stasis as they were pre-existing conditions. Clo has an exclusion for stasis as a pre-existing condition.

Mine arnt insured.... I have 5 so it would mount up lol
Ive only had one rabbit with serious problems and he had that at birth so insurence wouldnt of helped for him.
If they needed expensive treatment, we would be able to find the money.

Mine aren't insured. I have 17 but most of their problems would not be covered by Insurance. I save and pay as and when necessary, or ask my parents to help and pay them back if I have to (although I can't remember that actually happening).

Mine aren't insured, I just pay when needed. I'm lucky that if there was anything seriously wrong, I could borrow from my parents if needed, although I could afford a few hundred myself anyway. But if it was ongoing or higher, they would help me out.

Hi,

I decided to get my rabbits insured after Bloo had a stasis episode, costing me £120 for the out of hours vets :lol:. I have a vet fund so this wasn't an issue at the time but I don't earn enough in the summer to put any decent money back in (I am a student), so if I used it all up that would be it. Of course now they are insured Bloo hasn't had an episode!

I am with 'helpucover' and I pay £20 per month for 2 rabbits. I have an excess of £45 per condition per year, and I don't have to pay anything towards treatment after that. They are covered for up to £2000 a year each.

ETA Bloo has no exclusions despite the vet trip before they were insured.

This poll won't really help you because you don't know how much money other people have. If you have savings of £20k then you don't need insurance. If you have £500 savings you still need insurance.

Also, to top it off - it costs different amounts in different places - eg, in London i think its almost double what i pay for the two same buns :wave:

I am also trying to decide whether to get insurance, I've had olly and honey 2 months and olly has already cost £300 :eek:( the thing is, if I take out insurance now his ear problems won't be covered, so is there any point? I don't know!:?

Also, to top it off - it costs different amounts in different places - eg, in London i think its almost double what i pay for the two same buns :wave:

oh yeah, here in aberystwyth its 8.99 a month, in hampshire where I'll go back to after my degree its 12.50 a month.

Back