• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mini lops

jackfinn

Warren Scout
Hi there, just wondering, i've seen some mini lops with pointy faces and some with round flat faces. are the ones with pointy faces mabye crossed with another breed ??

Its possible, but equally possible they have non showable genes, or are maybe bred from non showable minilops but those that are genetically minilops.

I've got a mini lop with a rounded face and flat nose (pure mini lop) but she cant be entered in shows cause of her markings. She is meant to be a sooty fawn butterfly but she is badly marked; e.g. She's only got half a butterfly mark on her nose- Cute eh? I think maybe the pointy nosed are cross bred.:D:wave:

I think sometimes it's just that they're not 'show standard'.

Alfie and Bubbles are both purebred mini lops (well Alfie definitely is and Bubbles is to the best of my knowledge) but Bubbles has the much more typical rounded mini lop face.

Alfie's face is not quite so round and a little 'pointy-nosed' from certain angles. He also went through a phase at around 5 to 6 mths of age where his face was very pointy and not mini-lop looking at all, but it got more rounded with age iyswim.

my newest mini lop has a more squishy face then locks, i love her to bits, she would of been kept as a breeding doe, but had already been promised to me :love:, the only fault she has is 2 white toes, which i love her even more for :love:

my mowgli was a mini lop too he had a more pointed face, mitzi my first mini lop had a rounded face and very short ears, he was from a pet shop, but sadly died too young :cry:

i only ask because i have seen two baby bunnies at a rescue. they are with their mum and the lady says they are mini lops. the mum is tiny with a rounder face but her baby boys have pointed faces with loppy ears (well one has one up one down ear!) i have reserved the baby boys and hope to get them in a few weeks once neutered.:)

mini lops come in lots of shapes and sizes some are big some small some have the cobby flatter heads some pointy some have short ears some long but they are still mini lops lol
here are some of ours you can see differences in some of these
tardis shorter ears
honley069.jpg

ianto has long ears
bunnies005.jpg

honley069.jpg

cyber
honley098.jpg

didi021.jpg

didi020.jpg

rocky
honley129.jpg

davros is our best bunny type wise
honley123.jpg

leela and her babies dad to these were rocky and well every baby had really long ears and pointy faces as you can see from the pics that follow lol :roll:
honley142.jpg

buns031.jpg

bunys022.jpg

babies007-3.jpg

babies001-3.jpg

babies002-3.jpg

the lady said the dad was a mini lop as well!! one of them looks very similar to your widget but with black not brown markings.:)

omg all your bunnies are GORGEOUS!!!!!!. especially rocky. my last bunnie was called rocky and i have a soft spot for all buns named rocky:love:

omg all your bunnies are GORGEOUS!!!!!!. especially rocky. my last bunnie was called rocky and i have a soft spot for all buns named rocky:love:

thank you these bunnies i cant take any credit for they belong to my son james who does all the hard work ;)
here he is with davros supposed to be cleaning out feeding and giving hay and straw but all i could see was snuggle time lol
buns014.jpg

buns015.jpg

buns016.jpg

buns011.jpg

buns018.jpg

Last edited:
Back