• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George.

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
Well i gave him some pellets this morning and he is not happy one bit he is sat sulking or was. So i gave him his wagg back and he is happy x

I think what Sky is saying is we mentioned yesterday to you that when moving from Mix > Pellets it needs to be done gradually over a ~2 week period with a few pellets mixed into the mix and slowly reduce the mix and increase the pellets rather than just 'changing' it.

Is this what you did?

I think what Sky is saying is we mentioned yesterday to you that when moving from Mix > Pellets it needs to be done gradually over a ~2 week period with a few pellets mixed into the mix and slowly reduce the mix and increase the pellets rather than just 'changing' it.

Is this what you did?

No i never :oops:

I honesty think he doesn't like them to their own. . He loves his wagg.

You've been advised to transition him over. Currently he won't know they are food and he is also unlikely to want to eat them. Add to that that sudden changes upset their gut and you're asking for trouble.

You need to give his normal Wagg food, but tomorrow replace 10% of that food with pellets. Do the same on day two. On Day three the amounts should then be 80% Wagg, 20% pellets. Same for day 4. On day 5 the amounts should be 70% Wagg and then 30% pellets, and so on until you're at 100% pellets.

He is likely to not eat the pellets to start with, but just push on through. It should take no quicker than 10 days, but ideally much longer.

You've been advised to transition him over. Currently he won't know they are food and he is also unlikely to want to eat them. Add to that that sudden changes upset their gut and you're asking for trouble.

You need to give his normal Wagg food, but tomorrow replace 10% of that food with pellets. Do the same on day two. On Day three the amounts should then be 80% Wagg, 20% pellets. Same for day 4. On day 5 the amounts should be 70% Wagg and then 30% pellets, and so on until you're at 100% pellets.

He is likely to not eat the pellets to start with, but just push on through. It should take no quicker than 10 days, but ideally much longer.

This, this and then more this :)

E

Right thank you! Would you say wagg is bad for them! X

E

Right thank you! Would you say wagg is bad for them! X

Any 'mix' isn't particularly good for them as it doesn't contain everything they need and they tend to (although i know you say George doesnt) selectively eat the nice sugarry bits instead of everything.

What pellets have you purchased?

I know absolutely nothing about Wagg, but you need a balanced feed with the right nutritional content, high fibre (17% plus), protein much lower (at least 7% or so lower), and probably other things that I can't recall off the top of my head.

Any 'mix' isn't particularly good for them as it doesn't contain everything they need and they tend to (although i know you say George doesnt) selectively eat the nice sugarry bits instead of everything.

What pellets have you purchased?

I went to the pet shop they are just in a clear bag! I did see some excel nuggets what they also sell at the vets! But i didn't know what to do!

I went to the pet shop they are just in a clear bag! I did see some excel nuggets what they also sell at the vets! But i didn't know what to do!

Always buy something where you can see the nutritional content on it, otherwise you will have no idea what you are buying.

the company that makes the wagg mix, also makes wagg ptimum,, its pelleted food most supermarkets stock both of these, you could gradually introduce the wagg optimum if you cn get it, either them or burgess excell or science selective

do it slowly over a 2weeks period :wave:

Back